Chapter 15

"What is wrong with my baby?" I asked and they quickly whisked him away.

I knew this wasn't normal and something was wrong. I couldn't handle any more tragedy. I just wanted my babies.

Glyn was crying with me and holding my hand as tight as we were right before any of this began.

There was an unspoken bond between us.

They weren't giving me any answers. They helped me get cleaned up and all they could say was that they brought the second boy to intensive care immediately because he wouldn't cry.

It was another boy.

I felt numb. I was completely done delivering my babies and just waiting. They let Glyn go and visit both children and then he came back with sadness in his eyes.

"The doctor is coming in to talk to us," he said, "but it's not good news."

I began to cry once more.

I have been carrying two babies for all this time and feeling the pain of having two babies and prepared to take home two babies.

"We have one healthy baby boy," Glyn said to me directly.

"Our baby didn't make it?" I asked even though I already knew.

"He did not make it," he said getting into the bed with me.

He was feeling this pain just as hard as I was. For some, something like this could cause distress and distrust between two people but Glyn and I have always fought our battles together and in support of each other.

I didn't want anything but him right now.

And our baby.

After seeing the doctor and him explaining everything we had some time with our one baby. Just the three of us.

"We have to be strong," Glyn assured me, "We have to pour our attention into little no name here."

No name.

We hadn't even known if we were having boys or girls or both and now we knew we had two boys.

They both needed names.

"Winston," I said, "for our Angel Baby."

Winston was John Lennon's middle name and it was perfect for our Angel as tribute.

"I love it," Glyn agreed, "Its perfect."

He looked like he was in pain but trying to be strong. 

"And for this little guy?" I asked him as we watched him gently sleep in my arms, both of us on the verge of tears.

"How do we capture the word mighty- but in a name?" He asked me.

I thought for a moment.

"Ethan," I said to him, "I heard once that the name means strength."

"Ethan Johns," he said smiling, I could tell he liked it, "And for a middle name?"

I thought for a moment and then knew what his name was.

"Ethan Thomas Johns," I told my husband and he nodded once.

"Let me go get his godfather," he said, "I'm sure he's dying to meet him."

Glyn grabbed Tom from the waiting room where he and George haven't left. It's been three hours and they are still going strong in anticipation.

Tom walked in with Glyn and looked distraught. I could tell he was being strong for me. We have grown to know each other so well and he is like a brother to me.