Chapter 11

Glyn was about to pick me up for our trip to Paris. I was all prepared and feeling our babies kicking. If they aren't going to be music producers then maybe they will be little soccer stars.

It made me so happy to feel the product of the love between Glyn and I. To feel my babies healthy and lively was a blessing.

After all I've been through this year and even in just the last two months, I needed this positivity.

I just got my coat on and was about to go down the stairs when there was a jiggling of the doorknob down below.

I was home alone and Glyn always went into the house through our garage.

Maybe today was different and he was here coming in the front door but I had planned on meeting him outside and he was a little early.

The jiggling kept happening and I was terrified to go anywhere near the lower level of our home. I thought briefly about our security system and how someone had gotten past all of that and made it to the front door undetected.

That eased my mind. Maybe it was just my husband or possibly George or Olivia who had the code.

I backed up into the hallway. I felt my babies in my stomach and I peered around the corner to see the glass panel beside the door being smashed in.

This made me quickly run down the hall and into my bedroom where I closed and locked the door. I dialed the authorities as quickly as I could from the phone there and told them to hurry. Next I locked myself in our bathroom.

I was terrified. I didn't know who was here or what they wanted and currently felt like there was no where that I could be safe anymore.

What if my children had been here? I was terrified at the thought.

I said a few prayers to myself and then I heard a voice calling out.

"Glyn?" A woman's voice was calling out, "come out to play."

What did that mean? I had no idea who this was and why she was calling for my husband.

None of this made any sense.

I then heard my bedroom door get broken down and knew it would be a matter of time before the same thing happens to the bathroom door.

"Are you in there Lauren?" The woman then called to me through the door.

I stayed silent.

"I guess it's just you and me. You can come out and we can talk."

"Who are you?" I called out.

"Your worst nightmare," she responded.

Tears flowed from my face as I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve any of this. Why was this woman here and what did she want with Glyn and I?

First I was almost murdered and now I might be held hostage or harmed again.

I thought about John and sobbed.

"Where is Glyn?" She asked angrily three times louder and louder.

"I don't know," I finally yelled back.

She started banging on the door and then stopped.

"Did you call the police?" She said from further away, maybe looking out our bedroom window.

"All I want to see is Glyn," she continued, "tell the cops this was a misunderstanding... please. Tell them I just wanted to see Glyn."

This woman was insane. She was no sobbing and making no sense.