38. Falling for him III♥️

NAFEESAH POV

The next day I had reluctantly left mama's house wishing I didn't have to but knowing well there was nothing I could do about it.

Everyday was usually insignificant because I always had nothing to do so I would either help mama pick new art pieces for her gallery, listen to her play the piano or engage in small talks and bad-mouthing Nigerian politicians and their wives which she seems to be acquainted with.

But now I was left with Nadiya, two other maids and one cook. Even though I was not fully satisfied, she was better than them because I could have a conversation or two with her without her quivering.

I wish the rest of them understood that I am the boss's wife and not the boss.

The house was magnificent almost breathtaking. It consisted of seven rooms including mine, Farhan's, the baby's and maids.

The kitchen, sitting room, dining area and every other part of the house looked delicate and perfectly made In grey and white color.

I settled in quite alright but I must say that I've missed Farhan. I know this time around I am the one avoiding him but it still felt weird. Like an itch in my heart I couldn't scratch.

He was a wicked potion that seeped into every pore and cell of your being. Something so potent that even a small drop would leave you with an uncontrollable and incurable ache for him that would never leave. It would just taunt you until you learn to live with it.

I never stood a chance, I was done for the moment he kissed me. I just didn't know yet.

I gave myself few moments, pulling myself together before changing into an oversized t-shirt and knee length pants.

Deciding to grab a snack from the kitchen, I got out. My heart skipped when his scent hit my nostrils. He was in the sitting room, dishing orders to his secretary on phone.

Snap out of it feenah it doesn't mean anything

I gave myself one more reassuring deep breath, averted my gaze and proceeded to the kitchen.

I settled on a bag of cheetos and coconut juice, took them to the dining and silently munched on it. Scrolling through Instagram.

" Do you like the place?" I heard him say to me which startled me a bit.

I inhaled and exhaled a few calming breaths before answering him " yes it's nice and comfy" I said whilst avoiding eye contact.

" you're still angry with me" he asked. But it didn't really sound like a question. It sounded more like him telling himself.

"I'm not angry" I answered in a monotone. I wasn't angry really, I was just trying hard to avoid him.

" yes it seemed like it. I have seen you angry countless number of times and each time you looked straight into my eyes. But this time around oddly you can't seem to meet my gaze" he replied which still sounded like he was decoding the situation to himself not me.

I have to escape this. I stood up and made my way back to my room, walking past him.

" there goes my appetite" I murmured loud enough for him to hear and I felt his soft hands grab mine.

" tell me what's going on Nafeesah I'm not okay with the way you're acting this days" he said, his voice laced with plea and frustration.

I was stunned into silence. Trying to process everything he just said. Does that mean I was more than a roommate to him? Did he miss me?

From that moment I knew that I was damned. Any hope of removing the hold Farhan had over me was completely disintegrated. His claws were deeply embedded in me and I felt like I had willingly let him take me hostage.

Farhan was the forbidden fruit, but without doubt it was something I knew that I couldn't resist.

I knew it back then just as well as I knew it now.

When it came to this man, I am completely and utterly messed up.

I turned and my eyes met his for the first time since the kiss. Unlike the way he looked from afar, up close he looked vulnerable and tired, he had bags under his eyes and he looked like he was frustrated.

I studied his whole face and even though he looked worn out, he was still breath-taking. The contours on his face were angelic. Don't get me wrong he had his imperfections just like anyone else. Like the little scar just beneath his eyebrows, and the little stray hairs that doesn't really look out of place.

Staring at me right in the eye, I saw him in a way I didn't before, as if I had gained a whole new perspective on Farhan. He was flawed and so was I. But that only made me think that he was more perfect. It didn't make sense in my head, but it made sense in my heart, where it really mattered.

Looking at him made my entire body warm, like I was stepping out of a shade into the warm sun. Letting the Rays engulf my body and bring me back to life.

We fell silent, still looking into each other's eyes. But it wasn't uncomfortable. He continued holding my hand the entire time, feeling his soft hands against mine was a type of magic I hadn't experienced in a while. It felt familiar yet foreign at the same time. Because when he hugged me, the feeling wasn't as intense as this.

"enough" I heard him whisper before his hands cupped my cheeks and his lips pressed against mine, once again sending bolts of electricity through my every being.

My arms instinctively wrapped themselves around him, the butterflies in my stomach were waging a war I doubt I was going to win but I couldn't bring my self to do anything other than relax against him and savor each and every passing second.

"Farhan" I whispered and he shuts me up with a finger on my lips. " just don't say anything" he whispered and leaned his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes as he thread his fingers against my own and his other arm wrapped around my waist pulled me closer.

As thrilling as those moments were, I managed to start dozing off in between. Damn those pregnancy hormones.

He took me to my room and laid with me on the bed. My back pressed against his chest and his arm draped over my tummy.

"Farhan" I called in a low and sleepy tone.

"hmmm?" He hummed, hooking his leg between my own like he's trying to get impossibly closer.

I gulped as I asked the question I already knew the answer to. "You aren't going to be here when I wake up are you?"

He didn't say anything, just tightened his arm around me and his silence confirmed my assumption.

I bit down on my lip, feeling comforted and crushed at the same time. I felt so content wrapped up in him but at the same time gutted that it was temporary.

I struggled to stay awake, the emotional rollercoaster of today mixed with inebriation weighed in my eye lids like cement.

I was worried the sooner I fell asleep, all these will feel like a dream and by the Time I wake up, we'll be back to square one.

But despite my attempts, sleep draped over me like a blanket, striping away the reality I desperately wanted to hold unto.

*******************

Much love Nightingale ♥️✍