23. Test 2 ❤️

Farhan POV.

Our ride back home was silent. She probably hadn't completely gotten rid of her nervousness. But I think a drastic amount should have reduced right?

I parked the car and she alighted immediately. Was the car ride that boring or is she still scared.

I put off the car engine, got out and entered the house too. There I found her at the dining stuffing her face with Allah knows what, Mrs Rodriguez laughing at her.

" Eat slowly, you'll have indigestion at this rate" she chuckled and patted Miss crazy's back.

So she wasn't nervous. She was hungry.

"Welcome back sir" the head maid greeted and I nodded my head.

All the other maids began to greet me but surprisingly Miss crazy didn't even raise her head to spare me a glance.

Wasn't she the one acting like a drenched puppy a while ago? She really does have issues with her personality. Or is she bipolar? Do i need to get her a psychiatrist? Or Was she that hungry that I seemed invisible to her.

After answering series of greetings from the maids I went to my room to freshen up and have lunch.

After a shower, I tied a towel around my waist and I was using another one to dry my hair when the door opened with a creak, followed by a loud shrill and the door was closed again.

Really? Why does she always get timings wrong?

I followed her out and stopped her escape plan from being successful as I caught her wrists and spun her around facing me.

" What the hell are you doing here?" I asked in a voice that showed am a bit pissed.

Her eye lids were glued to each other as she shivered in fright. " I was just trying to look around the house and Mrs Rodriguez asked me to start from this room" she answered. Judging by the way her body shook and the way she shuttered, I must have frightened her really good.

" I swear I didn't see anything" she added, raising her other hand.

" Open your eyes" I commanded and she slowly opened them one after the other. Her eyes trailed down from my hair down to my torso before I snapped my fingers to her face to revive her from her shock induced daze.

" I don't want to see you here again. You can go anywhere in this house but this room is off limit for you. Did I make myself clear?"

She nodded and I released the grip I had on her wrist before she scurried away, muttering "Jerk" in the process.

She sure is fiesty.

I went back to my room and wore some comfy clothes, and went back downstairs for lunch. There I met her watching Korean series on TV with the maids.

This house is going to become more noisy and uncomfortable than I thought.

I cleared my throat to make my presence known and they served me lunch. I finished eating and they cleared the table before going back to watching TV.

I went back upstairs prayed and checked out the proposals Annabelle sent via mail and approved the one I felt was the best.

My phone started to ring and I glanced at the caller ID. It was my mom video calling me. " Good day mom" I greeted.

" Good day my son how is Nafeesah?" She replied.

" Really mom? Won't you ask how am doing first?"

" Let me see my daughter first then I'll know if you're fine or not" she threw back at me.

" Okay your daughter is downstairs watching TV with the maids does that answer your question?" I replied and her smile grew wider.

" Oh thank goodness. There I thought she'll be lonely and by the time you guys come back you would have transferred some of your cold attitude to her. Well am just coming back from greeting my in-laws and she said you called yesterday. So take care bye" and she ended the call.

Wait is she my mom or Nafeesah's?

I rounded up my work before deciding that an afternoon nap wouldn't kill so I went for my bed and laid down.

After what felt like thirty seconds, I was woken up by a light knock on the door. I peered at the clock hanging on the wall, It was 4:46pm.  Apart from Mr Rodriguez, no one enters my room when am around and I wasn't expecting him by that time.

I opened the door and to my amusement, I found her standing there, her expression clearly showing that coming here was a bad idea.

" You sure like breaking rules immediately I set them" I snapped at her.

" I.... I  came here because I wanted to ask you about something" she shuttered.

" Please where is the Kiblah I want to pray" she said in a tone so low that if I wasn't concentrating on her, I wouldn't have heard it.

" So since you came to this house you didn't pray ?"

" I was in a situation" she answered, her head now bent low in shame.

" Ohh I thought you weren't matured enough to start that yet" I mocked and she face shot up in anger her eyes now as large as saucers. I could have sworn I saw smoke coming out of her nostrils.

Okay I pushed the wrong button.

" The Kiblah is this side" I quickly answered, pointing towards the direction. And she left with a hiss, muttering " who the hell does he think he is?"

Don't you think I have to teach her some manners?

I performed ablution and prayed too. I waited for Magrib time while reciting the Quran. The house was completely quiet so I guess she's still in her room.

Then came Magrib and Isha too and I didn't hear a single sound. After I was done with prayers. I checked my email for Annabelle's reply and instead, I got the test results Dr Santiago sent.

I went through it and even though I didn't understand much, I still got the fact that she's healthy enough to have it the next day.

Then I continued with the remaining documents Annabelle sent. By the time I was done with everything, it was past ten So I went downstairs for dinner. I met my food already set on the dining with a piece of cloth as covering. It was past closing time for the maids so I originally wasn't expecting to see any one of them.

I ate and turned back to retire for the day when I remembered that I haven't inform miss crazy about going to the hospital tomorrow.

I scribbled it on a sheet of paper and made my way to her room. Thankfully it wasn't locked from inside and the door doesn't make creepy sounds. There I found her scattered across her bed in the weirdest laying position I've ever seen.

Her short and transparent night gown had also twisted in a weird way around her body, her hair was everywhere and surprisingly she doesn't make any noise while sleeping talkless of snoring.

She really needs accolade for that.

I placed the sticky note carefully on her phone so that it'll be the first thing she sees when she wakes up before existing she room.

***********************************

So she's fit to carry the baby huh 🤔

Congratulations in advance to the newest couple in town.🥳💃

What do you think about this chapter?

Don't forget to leave your reviews l, votes and comments 😉

Much love ❤️ Nightingale ✍️