22. Test ❤️

Nafeesah POV.

I turned off my alarm and sat on bed, it was 6:20am and I was to Meet Mr. Rude by 7:00am.

Just then my phone buzzed, indicating a text message.

Husnah:- Morning sweetie, don't be late please and don't be rude to him. Pray and Everything will go on smoothly.

I rolled my eyes and press the button for my screen to go off. I swung my feet over to the side of the bed thinking about how today will go.

"Better start getting ready" I said to myself after ten minutes of just sitting there.

First I took a shower and dressed in a high waist long peach skirt, a white long sleeve shirt tucked into the skirt and peach veil wrapped around my head.

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time and took a peek at the time. It was eight minutes past seven. I quickly picked up my phone and left.

I got to the sitting room and I heard his voice coming from the dining room, probably talking to someone on phone. But the most amusing part was that he was speaking Spanish fluently.  Guess he wasn't dumb afterall.

I moved to the dining room and he was seated there having breakfast. " Looks like you weren't taught the value of time" he threw at me without even sparing me a glance.

Deciding not to answer, I sat down on the chair and they began to serve me. Really I wasn't in the mood for anything right now. All the things occupying my head was the anxiety and fear of what awaits me at the hospital.

I picked at my food, barely eating a quarter of it when I decided not to eat anymore. This issue had decide to occupy my mind and weigh on my heart, my appetite had seriously dwindle within a day. All I could do was drink water and force air into my lungs.

When he was done eating, we both went out, got into his car and he drove off.

The car ride was very quiet. With me already zoned out and him trying to concentrate on driving. 

In about thirty minutes, we got to the parking lot of the hospital and my Anxiety increased tenfold. My hands started shaking and I was finding it difficult to breath.

" Don't faint here, they're just going to run some tests on you and nothing more. So stopped looking like a frightened chicken" he said to me.

A nod was the only thing I could give him as an answer.

He handed me a bottle of water " here, drink water and take deep breaths it's going to be fine" he said and that shocked me.

Wait a sec.

Is he trying to be caring? I thought it doesn't matter to him if am nervous or not. All I needed to do was have his baby.

" Thank you" I muttered and took the water, chucking the whole of it.

" Take deep breaths" he ordered and surprisingly I found myself doing exactly as he instructed.

"Ready?" He asked

" Ready " I answered and we got off the car.

The large complex was very neat and a secretary sat at the front desk.

"Good morning senior. Do you have an appointment?" She asked politely.

" Si, Farhan Junaid" he answered. She checked something on her computer screen and smiled at us.

"  I'll page Dr Santiago, she'll be here in a minute" we nodded at her and he gestured for me and we both took a seat.

" Remember to breathe" he whispered and I found myself smiling at that.

"I'll be fine" I assured him.

A small middle aged woman exited the room and came to face us. She wore a white doctor's coat and a stethoscope around her neck so I assumed she was the doctor.

"Farhan how lovely to see you again. Follow me please" she said and reentered the room. We followed her into the medium sized room with it's white interior and cool air conditioning. It was a bit comfy.

" Nice to meet you Mrs. Junaid. I am Dr Alejandra Santiago, the gynecologist in charge of your Intrauterine Insemination." She introduced herself.

" I'll only be running a couple of tests today then you come back tomorrow for the IUI okay" I nodded at her she came over to me.

She wrapped a blood pressure checking machine on my hand and did her thing. She wrote something down before removing it from my arm.

" Am going to draw some blood okay" she said, asking for permission to proceed. I nodded again. Throughout all these, Farhan was sorted in a corner intently watching us.

" I need verbal confirmation dear"  she said. "Yes you may go ahead" I spoke. She brought out a syringe and a tube. That made me immediately jump out of my seat.

" You scared of Needles?" Asked Farhan.

" No I just don't like them" I replied with an eye roll.

" Same thing " he mocked.

I went back and sat down with my heart threatening to burst out of my ribcage.

" Just close your eyes, take deep breaths and imagine you're talking to husnah. It will be over in no time" he now said in a more cooler tone.

I bit my bottom lip as she stuck the needle in the vein in my arm.  She pulled out a good amount and placed them in the tubes.

She handed them to someone I recognized as a nurse who was standing at the door. " Please have these analyzed for me" she said and the lady nodded before existing the room.

" I would like if you'll give me a urine sample please" she said and handed a container to me.

Hearing that, Mr Rude excused us and I entered the restroom in the consulting room.

I did my business, washed my hands, came out and handed the container back to her.

She added some of the urine sample unto a pregnancy test strip.

It changed colors and she held it up against a color coded piece of paper, wrote it down on her clipboard and left.

I couldn't resist the urge to look at what she has been writing down so I took a peek at her clipboard but it did no good. It was all written in medical terms, something I had no idea of.

Soon, she came back with Mr Rude. "Mr and Mrs Junaid, I've taken the necessary test samples. I'll send you the results via email. If perfect then we'll do the AI tomorrow" she said.

" Okay then thank you " he answered and we left.

We got into the car and headed back home " see I told you it'll be okay" he said and I smiled.

***********************************

So Farhan is a bit caring 🤔

Do you think it's a facade or does he really care about her?

Don't forget to chirp in your opinions

What do you think about this chapter?

Much love ❤️ Nightingale ✍️