32. Home sweet Home 2♥️

Farhan POV.

Nafeesah slept all through the flight. Only waking up occasionally for meals which I always made sure was ready each time. We landed at Aminu Kano International Airport. My Driver and Fahad were already waiting so we exchanged a few pleasantries mostly cause Nafeesah was tired and sleepy.

Are pregnant women generally that way or am I being paranoid?

I sat with Nafeesah in the back seat with fahad and my Driver in the front.

" How's Mom?" She asked, directing the question at fahad.

" she's doing great. Made me realise where you got your strong will and strength from " he answered. The creases of worry and fatigue she had on her forehead dissipated as her lips curved out in a wide radiant smile. And I must say, it was beautiful. So beautiful that I found myself smiling back at her.

" And my baby? You treating her well or do you need scolding from me?" she asked again.

"Nah! We've been okay. And if there's something she's not okay with I'm sure you'll know." He answered. Now glancing at her through the rearview mirror.

" well said" she answered before turning her face to the window. Allowing the cool evening breeze fan her face.

She heaved a sigh but the smile her eyes held was that of contentment "Home sweet home" she muttered. It was barely audible but I was able to hear it nevertheless.

The ride was quiet and peaceful we were to tired to chit chat and I'm glad Fahad understood  that too. By the time we reached home, she had gone back to dreamland. The car packed and I gave her a little shake. " hey. We're home" I whispered to her.

Her eyes fluttered open a bit, before closing back as she adjusted her position to continue her sweet sleep. I sighed and got out of the car and opened her side. Even though she slept all through the journey, I'm amazed at how perfectly she was enjoying her sleep. With the fatigue and all. I stretched a bit and my sore bones simultaneously cried in pain.

I adjusted her veil and picked her up, with Nadiya following closely with some of her things.

I entered the house with a low Salam. There I spotted her, dressed in Ankara ankle length gown, adorning herself with gold jewellery. Looking as important as a 5ft 3inch woman can be. She is the true definition of Arewa rich women.

"Welcome home son" she beamed at me before taking a peek at Nafeesah.

"Ohh Allah she must be tired from the journey. Take her upstairs, freshen up and come downstairs for dinner" she added.

I replied with a simple nod, I headed for my room and gently placed her on the bed which she gladly sank further into.

I proceeded  with pulling off my clothes for a soothing warm bath. It's summer and the temperature is a bit hot yeah I know but my body seriously needs a warm bath for my sore joints and muscles.

I bathed and I must confess it felt good. I performed ablution and exited the bathroom with a towel tied at my waist and another in my hand, drying my hair. I glanced towards her and noticed how she had completely curled up into a ball, her face showing some discomfort. She normally sleeps all sprawled on the bed and curling was very much unlike her, Something must be very wrong.

Then it hit me. The AC was set to a temperature too low for her. She was cold. I strode towards her with a low grunt before covering her with the duvet. The light contact made her jerk up from her sleep, eying me warily.

" what are you trying to do?" She screeched.

" what does it look like?" I shrugged

She scanned the room then finally settled on me and I could feel her calming down a bit. Her eyes lingering more on me and she looked a bit flustered. We settled into a silence that is as comfortable as shorts made of cheap plastic and broken glass.

Mind my sarcasm.

She cleared her throat before speaking in a low tone "mind putting some clothes on?" she asked, reminding me that I was in a towel.

I scoffed " like your perverted eyes weren't fixated me few moments ago"

" okay that's it" she said, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

" I can't even say anything to you without receiving an annoying comeback comment. And you think communication is going to work between us? Like this?" She half screamed.

Okay I think I pushed the wrong button. Well I'm not proud to say that Nafeesah and I squabbled like children for a few more minutes. I will spare you the details, it involved alot of words, rude gestures (sorry, not sorry) and a handful of furious glares.  Finally I decided to grace my body with some clothing and I left for my closet.

I rummaged through it and found a plain white shirt and a pair of white trousers. My hair had dried up so I combed it and applied my cologne. Satisfied with how I looked, I exited the closet and met her still on the bed, talking to husnah on phone.

" she wants to talk to you " she mouthed then handed me the phone. I took it and placed it on my ear, waiting for her to talk.

" good evening brother-in-law" she greeted and I could sense a hint of excitement in her voice.

" good evening how's mum?" I answered.

" well she's fine and she's extending her greetings too. I was asking Emerald what she would like to eat and when she's coming so that I'll prepare it for her and she says she'll have to ask you first and she's too angry to do that right now. So I'm helping her to do the asking. When is she coming?"

So she really was pissed. She does get angry easily, like even little things rile her up. That's not the case for me though, I hardly spare people a glance. If they get one from me, then they're certainly not getting another. I don't even notice people so apart from work, nothing really gets my attention. Maybe that was why I liked pushing her buttons. I like the way her eyes twinkle when she's angry, I like how she tries hard to look more than her size, and I like the pout she always have when she's angry. I trailed my eyes to where she sat and guess what. She was pouting. It was cute.

Wait. What?

Scratch that. It's just fascinating and it's a little fun to push her buttons. Not because it's cute. Its certainly not cute.

"Urrm hello?" I heard from the other end. Reviving me from my daze. I cleared my throat before answering " we'll come tonight "

I handed her the phone and exited the room, muttering "Not cute"

*****************************

Yeah I know 😪 Just sue me.

What do you think about this chapter?

Make sure to leave a vote.

Much love ♥️ Nightingale 🌸