"No. We had no children." 

"Hmm. Alright. Well, sit down. Let Xiao rest for now and I'll get you something to drink." You hurried to see if there was anything edible in the kitchen. Looking at all the food, you realize that your powers had kept the food preserved. Grabbing two cups and a bottle of Osmanthus Wine. You head back to Zhongli. 

"Your favorite." you say after placing the bottle down. 

"You remembered." 

"I'm not so old my memories start degrading. And you're older than me. What's my favorite drink?" 

"f/d" he says almost automatically. You giggle. 

"That was quick." 

"How can I forget what that's all you asked for when I asked you if you wanted a drink?" he chuckled. You smiled as well, then remembering something, decide to ask.

"Xiao knew a lot about me. What exactly did you tell him?" 

"Just that you were my lover before Guizhong. And I told him about this place hoping that it would lessen the karmic debt for him." You nodded. 

"You really care for him." 

"He's special to me. I think of him as my son."

"Anyway, why are you here?"

"Me and Lumine will be having dinner together tomorrow. I was wondering if you would like to come?" 

"No thanks. I'll be fine." 

"Alright. Well then, see you." With that goodbye, he left. 

Sighing, you turn back to Xiao who was still asleep. You gave a little smile and went over to your bed to sleep. 

---------The Next Day---------

Yawning, you stretch, looking at the other bed, Xiao was still there asleep. You check the time and it was 10:00. You decide to wake Xiao up. 

"Xiao. Xiao~~! Xiao!" He was still asleep. Shaking your head, you decide to resort to other methods. 

A few minutes of cooking later, and Xiao was awake. 

"Is that.... Almond Tofu?" 

"Yes, I literally shouted your name, but you wouldn't wake up, so I decided to cook this for you and see if that woke you up. And lo and behold it did." Chuckling, you push the plate over to Xiao. "Well, now that you're up, I'm going to head down to the harbor. Don't hesitate to ask for my help if you need. I'll always be there for you Alatus." With a soft smile, you left. 

Heading down to the harbor, you decided to see if Childe was free. 

You saw him outside of Northland Bank. Heading up to meet him, you surprised him with a hug from behind. "Hey Childe!" 

"Oh, hey N/N! How're you doing?" He grinned at you then suddenly, his face turned serious. "Can I talk to you? In private?" 

"Of course." Worried about him, you quickly followed him to an office in Northland Bank. "Is this your office?" 

"Mhm." Childe started looking around to see if anyone was outside eavesdropping. 

"Oh! Are they your siblings? They're so cute!" Finding a picture of his siblings you admired it. Then, you remembered what you had come here for and sat down on his desk. "So, what did you want to tell me?" 

"You should get far away from Liyue Harbor." 

"W-What?!" you looked at him. A little scared of what he was saying. "Childe! Are you going to destroy it? What about all the innocent people! Families! There's thousands of people living here! Are you really going to destroy it?" 

"It's a last measure. If I don't get the gnosis from the Exuvia, I'm going to unleash Osial." 

"That ancient god? Childe! Are you even thinking right now? Why are you even telling me this?"

"Because I want you to be safe! I care about you Y/N!" The sound of your true name from his mouth silenced you. "I don't want to do this. I hope it'll never come to this. But I must do as the Tsaritsa orders." 

"But Childe-" 

"I'm sorry. In case... Just in case.... I'll tell you my real name." 

"Your real name? But why? Why do you trust me this much?" 

"Because I love you!" The outburst surprised you. 

"W-What?"

"You heard what I said Y/N. I love you." 

"I-I'm sorry. I don't love you. Well, I do, but I care about you as a brother. There was a time I thought, well, I thought I could learn to love you. That I could get over Morax and love you instead. I tried. But I can't. I'm sorry."  Childe gave you a grim smile. 

"Don't apologize for something you can't control. It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway." 

"That's what I told him too. I hope- I hope we can still be friends?" saying that cautiously, you searched his face for a sign. 

"Of course. And Y/N. My given name is Ajax." You embraced him. 

"Ajax. Ajax. Hm. It fits you." 

"Really? Well, thank you. And please Y/N. Please promise me you'll leave the harbor. I couldn't live with myself if I killed you." 

"I- I promise you that if you unleash Osial, I'll teleport away. I'll stay safe. And Ajax?" 

"Yeah?"

"You stay safe too. Please." 

"Of course." Giving you his signature smirk, he pulled you towards him and kissed your forehead. You allowed it, giving him one last hug before he left. 

When he left, you teleported back to your abode. You broke down sobbing. 

"Ajax. I'm so sorry." you knew he wouldn't hear but you said it anyway. Knowing that you probably caused Ajax the same pain Morax had given you when he left caused you to have another mental breakdown. 

Tired, you climbed into bed. Sobbing even more, you eventually cried yourself to sleep. 

A/N: Wow. That was really overwhelming to write. And 4 chapters in a day! I'm amazing. hehe. Childe alternate ending will be written when I finish the book or when I feel like it. Also, I really wish someone tells Xiao what Y/N tells him here in this book. His backstory is so sad 😭 He really deserves so much!