21

"Haha, you shouldn't have picked that."

You smiled triumphantly since you won one game of 2K15. Both you and Keith would fight over it, and you'd win at times.

"Not fair. I didn't know the controls." He pouted.

"You shouldn't have picked that if you weren't familiar with it." You stated. "Anyway, now for the questions I want to ask."

"You sound like an investigator." He said. "But alright, shoot."

You stayed silent for a few seconds. So many just appeared in your head all at once. You thought of an irrelevant and unimportant one, chuckling silently. Although you weren't really going to ask it, Kanato spoke up.

"I'm just naturally cute, that's it." He laughed. Your jaw dropped.

"Are you a mind reader?"

"No." He shook his head. "You asked it."

"I must've said it out loud." You chuckled. "But anyway, I should be serious about this."

"Then go on."

You knew this would break the fun atmosphere but you had to. "Why did you lie to me?"

"When have I?"

You took a deep breath. "You said you were bailed, on the next night after we met again."

He looked confused as he tried to remember. Once realization dawned over him, he hugged Teddy tighter in his arms. "So you wouldn't worry, I had to, you see."

You sighed. "I wish you didn't, honestly. You could've done another thing."

"Yeah, well it's already done. I can't change the past." He told you, a bit crossed. "Now, what're the other questions?"

"You can teleport right?" He nodded. "Then why didn't you leave once the eclipse was finished?"

He gave out a small grin. "Well, to be honest, I was waiting for you to show up. But you never did, I knew I had to find you by myself."

"Yet why leave the day before Valentines?"

"Because I had no idea where you were. I needed your dad to drop a detail about a place nearby here or at least what this house looks like. When I got what I needed, I left." He replied to you. "Is the interrogation done? Because I want to play."

"One last thing Kanato, I swear." You said. "Why did you stay here in my house, why not at yours?"

He tensed. "It's a long story."

"I have the time, we can play as you tell me." You suggested.

"What's got you interested in it anyway?"

"I just want to know, it keeps bugging me."

"Well to sum it all up in a sentence," He took a deep breath. "My brothers kicked me out."

---

woah thats harsh

anyway, i might not be able to post tomorrow or on May 27

and also, if i would post another Kanato x Reader would you read it?

-KT