25. natural

You wake up early in the afternoon to him out of bed, so you groggily climb out to look around for him. As you walk around the house and call for him, there's no answer beside the echo off the walls of your own voice. You get your phone out which had shitty data in this area and attempted to call him, but it didn't go through. 

Great, he's abandoned you in his own home, is your first thought.

You walk outside and look around the yard, seeing it plain. You sigh a breath of relief as you heard a vehicle pulling into the driveway and you spot him. It comes to a stop and he gets out with grocery bags.

"What? Thought I left... Jus' abandon you 'ere?" he chuckled.

"Shut up," you laughed offering help.

"Nah. Just went an' got us some groceries. Go inside, I'm making us breakfast." 

--

As you finish up a yummy breakfast and a nice morning chat about the nice weather, you two sit down to read on a book. You thought it would be nice to lean on his shoulder, reading the book he read.  After finishing a few chapters, you shyly asked if you could shower.

"What d'ya- Of course you can shower, duchess. Silly girl."

It wasn't until you got out of the shower that you realized you forgot a towel, so you called for him. He came quickly, assuming you fell and got hurt, opening the door. "Y'alright?"

"Yeah, I just... forgot a towel."

He leaves the door open as steam goes out the door. You're covering yourself as if he hadn't seen you nude before. His eyes linger on your body as he grabbed the towel and handed it to you. 

"Thanks."

--

You sat and watched TV together until he walked outside, which you followed like a lost puppy. He walks to the side of the house towards a fire pit. You sat down on one of the chairs and he went back inside again, coming right back out with a bottle and lighter in hand. 

You watch him as he gathers wood and notice his muscles bulging through his hoodie as he's chopping wood with ease, throwing them in the firepit. You smile thinking of this domestic Simon. 

The fire is ignited and it's roaring beautifully. He opens the whiskey bottle and takes a sip, then hands it to you. Nothing much had to be said as you both were living in the moment, and you still felt slightly uncomfortable at his home.

He takes a cigarette and puts it to his lip before flicking the lighter to the tip of it, offering you one. You oblige and take a few hits followed with a long swig of alcohol. You look at the fire then back at his eyes where the fire reflected. 

"Simon?"

"Yeah, love?"

You hand the bottle back to him as you muster up the courage to ask a sensitive question. "Has anyone... seen your face?" 

He took a big gulp before answering. "Took it off in front of Price... Once."

"Oh," you murmured.

He chuckled. "I know, you're curious, darlin'."

"Well, yeah," you softly giggled. "But I wouldn't push you to show me or anything."

"And if you think I'm ugly?" he flicked his cigarette into the firepit. 

"I... highly doubt that," you blushed. "But regardless... I know I'd like what's underneath. I like you. For you."

"Believe me, doll, I've got bloody nothin' on you... You're quite gorgeous, y'know."