20. a new sense

After 3 long weeks stuck in a hospital bed, then transferred to on-base medical, you were finally healed up enough to walk around without pain shooting through your spine. You were shot in a bad spot, not deadly though, fortunately. You dreaded walking into the safe house, fearing having to face him. Oh, how fucking mad you were at him. The hurt turned into anger over the past month or so, deservingly. 

That being said, you used this new sense as a way to refocus yourself, again. Honestly? You were pissed, livid at yourself. For letting things get to this point. Maybe, no, it was a bad idea. You take a deep breath as you opened the door of the building, thankful no one was in the common room. Price walked out of his office, "Come to my office, kid."

Yeah, I'm gone, for sure.

--

"How are 'ya?" he asked.

"Been better..." you shrugged, meeting his piercing gaze. "Sorry to be a disappointment, sir."

He chuckled. "Nah, never that, kid. Listen, what happened back there could have happened to any of 'ya."

"I am going to hold you back from the next..." he tsked... "Hmm, say about a month's worth of missions. You'll help me with my paperwork along with your own. Now, my paperwork is... tedious. But it'll give you somethin' to do."

"Thank you, sir."

"Thank you for being tough, Diamond," he smiled. "Glad you're back. Don't get hurt again on me, alright?"

You laughed at his joke and walked to your room, in desperate need of a shower. God, hospital showers sucked.

--

You sit on your bed, thinking. As you start to get angry, your leg starts shaking. The feeling of wanting to destroy your room begins to take over, but you control it. You rip the necklace from your neck, setting it in the box to put away in the closet. Out of sight, out of mind, right? You look over to the rose, wilted on your nightstand. You're glad you kept it; it reminded you that everything dies. Nothing is permanent, you've learned that the hard way.

--

For about two weeks, you only left your room to eat, gather paperwork and say a quick hey to the boys, except for that one fucking asshole, of course. You swore you'd make him pay for it one day, and now is the time to let that anger just keep brewing, preparing for the day you do get to take it out on him. You hope Price calls for evals again, because you're going to tear his ass a new one, not caring if you have to fight dirty. He deserves it. He doesn't get to hit it and leave. That's too easy. 

Even so, as time goes on, it becomes... easier, no, tolerable to be around him. He doesn't know what you had planned, so it'll be alright. It'd be better to let him think that you're okay, you're just fine. You work your way back into joining them in the common room for dinner and for movie nights, making sure to sit next to Soap since your friendship made Ghost so jealous anyway. Who knows what could happen in the future. 

At first, it was sillily awkward. You'd hear his huffs, his heavy breathing. But it was manageable, treating him exactly like a ghost~, not even looking at him. 

--