7. price's treat

You spent your whole day training and working out. You asked Gaz to spar with you, and he kindly obliged. Sparring with Gaz honestly felt fairer as he was closer to your height. You learned a little bit about him as he learned more about you. He was kind and respectable, and you didn't feel somewhat awkward around him like you did Soap or Ghost.

You head back for lunch, feeling famished from physical activities. Before you can make it in, Soap greets you with an excited grin, "Y'heard about tonight, lass?"

"Um, no, what's up?" you questioned with a confused look on your face.

"Cap is treating us all! Drinks, food, hotel room! You'll be there, right?!"

"Yeah, I guess so," you giggle.

"And you don't have to be in uniform, you can dress casually if you'd like!" Soap exclaimed.

"Ugh, thank God, I could use a break from this," you groan, pleased.

--

You get ready for the get-together, you didn't pack much of anything casual, but you had a tank top and flannel, along with a pair of black pants ripped at the knee. (Or whatever outfit you want, I have no sense of style so you choose) You also wash your face and put on a light layer of mascara and touch up your brows. Letting your hair down and brushing it out, you're honestly glad to see yourself out of that uniform. You buttoned the flannel down starting halfway, it squeezed your curves pretty well but was also comfy.

You exit to the common room and felt 4 pairs of eyes on you, somewhat predatory. To be fair, it's the first time they've seen you dress like... this, and they don't get to see women just any time they please.

Soap's gaze fell on you longer than it should've until he finally cleared his throat and asked, "You look good, Diamond."

"Pfft, thanks, Soap. I didn't have much to choose from. Honestly, I need to buy more clothes," you laughed it off.

"Well, come on kids, I'm fuckin' hungry and want some beer!" Price hollered, rushing everyone.

--

On the ride there you were sat in between Gaz and Soap while Ghost and Price rode up front.

Soap's a sweetheart and holds your hand, helping you out of the middle seat, and even holds the door open for you. You all follow Price to a circle booth, and you were sat on the edge, across from Ghost, Price, and Gaz while Soap stayed next to you.

You listen to their stories, them reminiscing on past missions before you joined, and laugh at their playful banter. Sometimes you didn't know when they were joking they seemed so serious.

--

You down 5 shots of vodka, reaching your limit. (YES WE'RE LIGHTWEIGHT DRUNK FUCKS OKAY? okay) Your body felt warm, your head was fuzzy and you were feeling fine, but was hungry and needed to eat before the alcohol got the best of you. It honestly already was.

You were astounded when you watched Soap down almost 3 bottles until he was showing that he was drunk, words slurring, accent getting richer and harder to understand.

Soap looked at you and smirked, "Y'look good drinkin', Diamond."

You hide your laugh behind your hand, "Look good?"

"Yea, bonnie. I could rock your world," he whispered, words slurring.

"Oh," you honestly blush, his accent doesn't help this case. You study the group around you, Price and Gaz having their own conversation, but Ghost's eyes lurk on Soap, who's flirting with you. His shoulders rise and fall slowly as he breathes. You return your daze to Soap, smirking at him and you whisper in his ear playfully, "Is that right, Johnny?" His eyes roll at you saying his name like that, but you don't want to give anyone the wrong impression, so you simply laugh it off and start drinking a bunch of water, the food finally arrives and you rub your hands together, excited for a hot meal.

If only you knew how watching what unraveled in front of his eyes burned and scratched at his stomach.

Soap's lustful gaze at you was interrupted as a steak was placed in front of him. You noticed Ghost didn't get anything besides bourbon, and you hadn't seen him lift the mask but he's managed to down more than half of it.

The captain proposes a toast, and you down one more shot, regrettably, of vodka. The alcohol took its course through your veins and hit your stomach, making you feel like all the food you ate was for nothing.

You push your plate of food away and set your head down on the table, causing Gaz to check on you.

"I'm not feeling too well..." you admit. "I think I need to go lay down."

"You can't walk back by yourself," Gaz sounded concerned, then asked Ghost if he would accompany you to your room as you shouldn't walk by yourself at night.

Ghost grunts as he gets up, showing to be unaffected by the alcohol. You'd wonder how if you weren't feeling like shit. I'm going to regret this in the morning, fuck.

--

You stumble out of the pub and start walking to the hotel, trying to do it by yourself rather than be around Ghost.

He walks to catch up with you as you stumble right on your ass. "Fuck," you sigh, defeated, embarrassed.

Ghost offered a hand to help you up and you stubbornly declined, earning a huff from him. His breaths were ragged and the thought crossed your mind, jeez, what's wrong with him now?

"I can walk by my fffucking s-self!" you proclaimed, having to pause every few steps.

"Yeah, I can see that," Ghost played into your act.

"I don't need your help, asshole!" you yell at him loud enough for anyone to probably hear, not caring about the consequences.

"Shut the fuck up," Ghost spat, annoyed. He picked you up and threw you over his shoulder, and while you fought and punched his back, you realized you were doing nothing and gave up. He puts you down in front of your door and tells you to get your key out, and actually helps you inside your room. What a dick, you thought, still.

He grabbed a tall glass of water while you instantly fell on the bed, bringing it to you, "You need to drink water, y/l/n."

"Why the fuck do you care, you're always so mean to me," you trail off.

He sighs, stiffly, "Sorry. Drink water, and rest up. Still got a job t'do tomorrow."

You didn't hear him exit the room, nor cared. You just needed to rest your eyes for a minute.

--

After a couple of hours from dozing off, you woke up at 0054. You chug a shit ton of water and use the restroom, rubbing your eyes as you walk back to the bed. Fuck, I hope I don't have a hangover.

--