13. i like you alive

A/N - Short chapter I'M SORRY... this is where things start to go well :). alright alright y'all enjoy it!

--

Three boring days of paperwork, rewatching movies and shows, and waiting for missions go by slowly. You thought everything was simmered down, or at least it seemed like it.

You were playing some boring card games with the guys until Ghost barged in, causing everyone to look at him. Your big doe eyes settled on his figure while you watched his shoulders rise and fall.

"Y'alright, Lieutenant?" Price asked.

"Y/l/n, can we talk?" he asked, walking in the direction of the open office.

Oh fuck. Your heart sank as he said your last name. Monotonous and low. Everyone looked at you as if they were saying "uh-oh", as well. Your meek "yes sir" fell upon deaf ears as you follow him with your head down.

Entering the office, you close the door behind you as you leaned against the wall. You show concern as he paces the small area, clicking his tongue. "You think I don't notice... you n' Soap flirtin', yeah?"

"What?!" you countered. 

"Wha' do you mean 'what'? You got bloody drunk at the pub with everyone. They all saw ya flirtin'. Don't act dumb, now, darlin'."

Darling. Oh, that was going to stick in your head for a while.

"Lieutenant... In my defense, I was drunk- why am I explaining this to you?" you scoff, visibly frustrated. "Respectfully, what the fuck is it to you, sir?"

He lunged towards you, body stuttering as his chest almost hit your face. "Because you! I-," he sighed as he met your squinted eyes. You still couldn't read him, but his eyes were dark and wide. He backs away before muttering his response.

"Spit it out, Simon." 

"Fuckin' hell... Diamond, y/n... You have my respect, always have."

Throwing your arms, confused about what the fuck he's doing right now. "Okay? Thank you, Lieutenant? You have mine as well...? Seriously, I-"

"I like you... alive," he uttered.

You stop breathing hard as you run a hand across your face... Relieved? You didn't know. "Oh..." 

As he stood there staring at you, studying your facial expressions and your body language, you do the same until you laugh it off, embarrassed. "Well, shit. I can't say I know how to respond to that, sir."

"'M a proper dick, my apologies, soldier."

"No- no! I like you alive, too, Gh- Simon. I have for... a while... Liked you, that is..."

His stance softens as you cover your red cheeks with your hand. With the both of you standing there, not knowing what to say, you try to ease the tension.

"We should... probably go. Before the guys think we've eloped in here or some shit..." you joked.

You earn a soft chuckle from him as he nods his head.

--

You open the door watching Soap's figure scramble back to his spot on the couch. Peering at Price, he raises his hands feigning innocence. Soap's shit-eating grin beamed on his face, he was trying so hard to contain his comments, but then one slipped out. "Bet L.T.'s blushin' hard under that damn mask!"

Ghost shoots a death glare at him, "Shut the fuck up, MacTavish."

You didn't stay any longer to watch what unfolded after. You book it to your barrack, hands covering your face as if you were trying not to be seen. You fall asleep shortly after, smiling while you hear laughter booming from the common room.

--