29. business

A/N - short chapter, I'm so sorry! We're nearing the end, guys! I loved writing this story so much! I'm going to make the last chapter *worth it*, I promise! <3

--

A few days pass, boringly. Paperwork, quick missions, and visiting Soap fill your time. Amazingly, Soap is walking around again. Limping, but pushing through it. You were quite proud of him for being strong through this, but learning of stories about him, it wasn't the first time he toughed something out. Of course, this called for another celebration, as Price had said. You were excited for the team to be together - complete, again. 

--

You and Ghost went on a solo mission, this time, finally succeeding together, finding your rhythm with each other on the field. Exhausted after all of the running, you basically dragged yourself out of the jeep to the shower, lazily washing the grime and dirt off of you. You met Ghost in his room and took a little nap with him, cherishing being alone in his presence for the day. 

Waking up, as you both exit the room with his hand resting on your lower back for a moment, you both chuckle as you spot Soap with a cheeky grin on his face. 

You blush at Ghost, whose warning his friend with his eyes. Gaz laughed at the interaction and Price walked out of his office, bottle in hand. You knew you weren't drinking tonight. For some reason, your stomach was upset even after the last celebration. You summed it up to exhaustion and stress. 

--

It sure was nice to have the room full of laughter. Being the soberest one, it was up to you to cook dinner. So, you did. Steaks, some greens, and some homemade mashed potatoes. Something simple, you guess, something everyone would enjoy. Hell, they'd eat anything that was sufficient, edible.

The room got quiet with the background noise of a random comedy as everyone ate up. Somewhere near the end of your plate, the captain cleared his throat as his eyes scanned your faces. 

Everyone suspiciously looked around, until Price dropped the bomb. "Well, boys..." he sighed. "And... girl... Y're all off for 3 months."

Laughing along with the rest like, "Yeah, right," you're confused. 

Price shakes his head. "No shit. You'll all be out a' my hair for a bit," he cheered his beer. "N' I'll be out a' yers. I have other... business to attend to."

Alright, then.

"Captain, y'sure?" Ghost almost whispered, in disbelief. 

"Yep. Got it covered."

"Alright then!" you happily exclaimed, while Gaz and Soap were celebrating in their own little world. 

--

You sat happily in your room, enjoying some alone time, reading a book. You heard the 3 soft knocks and knew it was him. You smile, not looking up. "Hey."

"Hey, love."

"What's up?"

"Wanted to talk about what you want to do for 3 months."

Well... there were a lot of things you could do together. Watch movies, do more picnics, hiking, learn about each other... take turns at each other's houses... fuck like rabbits... walk around naked... you know? 

More importantly, it warmed your heart that he wanted to spend his time off with you. 

"I... just want to be with you," you perk up, smiling warmly at him.

You look over his mask, and you know he's grinning underneath it. "That sounds nice, then."

--