𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦, 𝟑𝟕

Start from the beginning

or, would you willingly sacrifice the people who you longed for as a child? something you've always craved for, lin was a former worker, your employees were also under you, making friends was hard, especially with your title. everyone was fake, chasing you for money and fame. turning to family was a crossed out option when you never had one, unless you wanted to turn to owen and charlotte who used you for their hopes and dreams. you had finally gotten a real family, real friends to hang out with, even if they were killers, they acted nothing like so to the ones they care for.

your goal was almost impossible to reach, even if you made an impact in this world, your words will still be taken as nothing. negativity will still roam and all that you worked for will be in vain, your heart told you to drop everything you have and run away with the pastas but did you really have the ability to drop it all?

did you really have the ability to back stab the pastas and leave them?

no and no, you didn't.

it was either chase something that could never be of reach, or lose something forever. of course it had to be two options which were against each other, of course it just had to be a mixture of oil and water. you never had it easy because you had always picked the hardest choices.

...not to mention the poison. the poison in you gave no hope to do neither, giving you limited time to get anything achieved. you were unmotivated to find a cure, if you did anyway it would be of no use, there was no cure. the day where you had injected the substance was the day it would all be over, no turning back time now.

...

no you were not going to build a time machine, that goes against the law of reality.

your head dropped down to reality as a honk of a car caught your attention. the fuck? you were on the sidewalk, no possible way were you doing something wrong to be honked at. you looked to your side, staring with little to no muse in your eyes at the black tinted windows of a limo.

wait limo? your eyes darted to the number plate, instantly feeling the need to groan in annoyance. the car had gone ahead so that the body of the vehicle would be besides you as you walked, the windows rolled down, revealing none other than owen.

"oh y/n! what are you doing here..? it's almost nightfall." he exclaimed, owen was tolerable enough, he was kind to you but his wife... oh his wife was something else, you wish you could respect the man but he never had the courage to leave the people who controlled him, you would go as far as to say he was a weak person who never stood up for himself. even to such great extent, it wasn't a reason for you to be plain out rude, so you offered a small smile to the man.

"i could ask the same, what are you doing here?" you changed the subject about him instead, knowing the man would fall for it anyway.

"we came to visit you." he beamed, glancing to the side as if he was glancing at the person behind him, "charlotte was persistent."

you nodded with an 'ah' in understanding, "i already visited a few days ago, why return the favour?" owen shrugged as a reply, to which you knew this was all charlotte's doing. she was planning something, this was all to predictable, speaking from the many, many... many experiences that she had attempted to do, "ah well, my house is unavailable at the moment, under construction and all to add finishing touches." you reasoned, cool as a breeze before owen pulled his head back into the car at the mention of his name. he was talking to someone, presumably charlotte, unless there was someone else in the car.

you were still walking, the limo besides you driving slowly, it was a sight to behold, catching quite the attention from a few people. "charlotte wants you in the car." owen had said and as if on cue, the vehicle halted completely, giving time for the man to open the door. you squinted your eyes, contemplating whether to just walk off to your car, but then again, it was quite far. with a sigh, you hopped in, being greeted with bright lights and oh to not make it worse, charlotte and lin.