𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝟑𝟒

THE WOMAN PLUCKED the USB from the laptop, a stern look on her face as she brought it over to the desk

     THE WOMAN PLUCKED the USB from the laptop, a stern look on her face as she brought it over to the desk. an office chair made out of fine leather turned with a slight squeak, facing the elderly woman rather than the tinted glass windows.

"everything is in there, and her pesky security bot won't be much trouble now." lin informed, sliding the USB plug across the table and closer to the man in the chair.

his black hair shimmered from the light, exposing the ungodly amount of hair gel he used, "what did you find?" he queried with a raise of his black eyebrow, intertwining his fingers on the desk, not bothered to pick up the object.

"miss. y/n has a copy of her file in the hard drive, it has yet to be updated, no leads of anything." lin placed her hands behind her back, professionally talking, something that her ex-boss never liked.

"and what do you make of this, lin?" owen leaned in his chair, grabbing hold of the USB in the process as his dark eyes glanced at the woman then back at the object at hand.

"it seems miss. y/n hasn't done much on her case that she was assigned to." she placed a hand to her chin, closing her eyes to deeply think about the information, "it's odd for a smart woman like her, she possibly finished her case and decided to dig deeper on the topic." that was conclusion number one, lin left her sentence hanging and owen knew it too. the man placed the USB down, raising a brow.

"or?"

the ravenette studied the woman's face, her eyes were closed as her brows knitted slightly, showing her concentration and passion just to find her answers. it was understandable really, if she was so passionate about trying to find out what you were doing in another state, then she passionately hated you. owen had hired lin to be your secretary for unknown reasons that he covered up with by claiming that lin was an expert at her job.

it was true, she was. but she she was also a double agent, feeding off your private information and giving it to owen like a parasite. for three years she put up with you, and that three years she could proudly say it was torment being your secretary. you were a genius, yes, but your personality couldn't fit through the puzzle pieces. it was like adding chaotic with even more chaotic, her brain could blow at the thought of it.

personally you tried to accept lin and her professionalism, you always found her to be 'too serious' and cold as a stone wall. your attempts were clearly wasted with her being fired and all, to say you were glad to fire her for a good reason was an understatement. you were beyond joyous.

the same could be said about you, lin saw you as a laid back, insane, head held high, big ego type of gal and that pissed her off. you were always so cocky in the most uptight situations, not to mention that one meeting about technological advances with very powerful and famous people, you had stood up, claimed that the meeting was boring and left through the doors. lin had to apologise on behalf of you, she felt embarrassed at your childish behaviour but thankfully her stone cold face could cover that up. recalling that memory made her blood boil, you were immature and not meant to put up with these types of businesses, having your own industry just made it worse.