𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲, 𝟏𝟏

THE SUN SEEPED through the curtains before hoodie pulled them to the side, letting the light come through the living room

     THE SUN SEEPED through the curtains before hoodie pulled them to the side, letting the light come through the living room. he had woken up fairly early, forever grateful for your comfortable bed.

usually he wouldn't have slept but as soon his head met the pillows, he was knocked cold.

assuming everyone else was asleep, hoodie let them be. they were in no rush and deserved a bit of rest, a majority of the pastas don't sleep due to trust issues, despite being at the manor their whole life, they never saw it as a real home, just somewhere where slender housed them.

footsteps caught the man's attention as he turned his head towards the stairs, he soon was greeted with you. he was surprised, you didn't look so good, your hair was a mess and your clothes were wrinkled like they were gripped to death, most of all, the dark circles under your eyes never went unnoticed.

"are you alright?" the man mustered the courage to speak, tucking his hands in his yellow hoodie.

you tensed, before craning your neck to look at the latter who stood idly, "..yeah, i'm fine." you mumbled, coming to terms that you should just forget about the events of last night as you rubbed your eye with a hand, making your way to the kitchen, "are the rest awake?" you queried, cringing at the sound of your raspy voice.

"maybe, but the lot of them don't want to exit their rooms just yet." hoodie entered the kitchen, sitting down on the provided chair under the counter island, watching you run back and forth to make breakfast.

you hummed in acknowledgment, grabbing a few things as your mind decided to make pancakes. it was easy enough and you had done it before so you didn't need to worry about ruining it.

the silence was noticeable, excluding the pans and plastic that you were moving around, you paused for a moment, something hoodie caught on. he couldn't say anything since you had beat him to it, "hey uh..." you awkwardly started, not turning your head to look at the masked man, "i'm.. i-uh.. i apologise for knocking you out in forest back then.." you murmured, loud enough for the latter to hear.

an apology was so foreign to him, no one in the manor really liked to feel remorse and apologise, but it did lift some sort of burden off his shoulders, "it's fine, your reaction was only natural when you saw masky and i." he reassured unsurely, snaking his arms under his hood to scratch the back of his nape.

"exclude the part where i pull out a robot and tranquillised your partner." you chuckled silently, hearing the latter also laugh lightly at your retort.

you smiled, unknowingly to hoodie, a smile etched on your lips as you finished the pancakes and made your way to the fridge to grab a few eggs. it felt good to have company but you were still alert, ever since they stayed, your weapons never left their frame, following their every move courtesy of your command.

if you didn't go by these protocols then you'd gladly call yourself a lunatic.

you finished cooking the eggs, organising them on a plater before serving one to hoodie and yourself along with utensils, the rest sat on a plate next to the stove for the rest of the people you were temporarily housing to eat.