The Lapras Pod

After winning the winner's trophy of the Orange League, Cora decided that it was time to get back to Kanto, since the Orange League was now over and done with. Right now the gang was riding on Rory, across the ocean while Ash was riding on Lapras with Misty and Tracey.

"I can't wait to show my trophy and badges to mum and Prof. Oak." Cora said.

"I still say that your battle with Drake was amazing, Cora." Alain complimented.

"It certainly was. Yours was too, Alain. I was on edge when Charizard and Dragonite went against each other." Cora smiled.

"I can't wait to go to Kanto and meet Prof Oak." Tracey said.

"Are you going to stare at that trophy all day long, Ash?" Misty asked.

"No, I think we'll stare at it all night long too. Right Pikachu?" Ash turned to Pikachu.

"Pika-chu!" Pikachu chirped.

"Lapp!" Lapras suddenly turned and started to speed up.

"Pika!" Pikachu yelped.

"Woah!" Ash, Misty and Tracey held on tightly.

"Rory, follow Lapras." Cora ordered.

Rory followed after Lapras.

"Hey, what's wrong with Lapras?" Mairin asked. 

Then her answer soon came; there in the distance was a school of Lapras.

"Look at all of those Lapras. I've never seen so many before." Tracey sketched in his pad.

"Hey, I wonder if this is the pod that Lapras was separated from." Cora pondered.

"Could it be? Lapras, is that your family?" Ash asked his transport Pokémon.

"Lappp!" Lapras replied, nodding happily.

"I see." Ash smiled.

"Lappp! Lappp!" Lapras called out towards the pod.

The Lapras' pod heard Ash's Lapras but ignored him.

Alain frowned, "That's strange. They're ignoring him." He said.

"Lappp!" Lapras tried to follow them.

One of the Wild Lapras used Mist to cover their escape.

"Lapppp! Lappppp..." Lapras cried out as the pod of Lapras' disappeared.

"Lapras." Ash frowned.

"That was weird." Tracey commented.

"Lappppppppp!" Lapras cried out and began to cry. Ash rubbed his neck to calm him down.

"What just happened?" Mairin asked.

"I don't know," Tracey replied, "Something isn't right here."

=====================

The gang went to the nearby island, Tarroco Island, to find some answers. So the gang called Prof. Oak.

"[Yes, that behavior is unusual.]" Professor Oak frowned, "[But I suspect that the Lapras' acted that way because they are afraid of humans.]"

"But Professor Oak, what made the Lapras' afraid of people so badly?" Mairin asked.

"[I don't know but my guess is that some humans has been attacking them.]" Prof. Oak replied.

"Poachers." Cora growled.

"How did you guess that, Cora?" Ash asked, surprised.

"Those are the only types of humans who would hurt Pokémon." Cora replied, angrily.