Mandarin Island

The gang had come to an island called Mandarin Island and were having a break at a café. Cora wasn't exactly taking a break though; she had been battling trainers for a while since they arrived. Alain had been doing a few battles too which he somewhat enjoyed. Ash was very happy to do battles with other trainers. 

========================== 

Cora, Alain, Mairin, Ash, Misty, and some of their Pokémon were sitting down at a table at a café, taking a break.

"It feels nice to take a break from traveling for a while." Mairin said, sipping a cup of orange soda.

"Totally." Misty took a sip of her iced tea.

"Yeah," Cora agreed, "I just hope I will have the chance to take a break before any more Pokémon trainers battle me."

"Me too. I have to admit that it was kind of fun." Alain admitted.

"Me three. I can't wait to do more battles." Ash beamed happily.

"Let your Pokémon rest first, Ash. Then you can do more battles." Cora advised.

"I wonder why so many trainers are battling here today." Mairin pondered.

"Hey, guys! I've solved the mystery." Tracey walked over to the gang.

"What mystery?" Misty asked.

"The mystery of why everybody we meet here wants to battle. The answer's right in this flyer." Tracey held up a flyer in his hand.

"What does it say?" Cora asked.

"Attention trainers, Pokémon lecture and battle demonstration by the one and only, Prima." Tracey read out loud.

"Really? Prima?" Cora asked, "a Kanto Elite Four member is here on this island?"

Tracey sat down, "I hear she has a house on the island and trains here in the off season. Once a week she shows off her different battling techniques."

"Wow, it would be cool to see them." Cora commented.

"I never dreamed I'd get the chance to meet Prima in person!" Misty squealed.

"Sounds like you're a really big Prima fan, Misty. And you also sound like you're an admirer." Tracey stated.

Misty's eyes had stars in them, "I am! She is the very best and uses Water-type Pokémon as well. Prima is my idol and hero." She declared.

"Hero am I?" said a voice behind Misty.

When Misty turned round, to see where the voice came from, she was surprised to see that the owner of the voice was Lorelei Kanna, one of the Elite Four who specializes in Ice-Type Pokémon. She was a young beautiful woman, with long purple-red hair that was in a low ponytail, tied with a Pokéball hair tie and green eyes that was behind a pair of glasses, she wore red top with a dark blue business jacket, black skirt with black heels.

"P-P-Prima." Misty stuttered out.

"Misty, breathe and calm down." Cora advised.

Misty did just that, "It's an honor to meet you Lorelei. My name is Misty Waterflower, I'm a Water Pokémon Trainer and the Gym Leader of Cerulean City." She introduced herself.

Lorelei greeted Misty back and then turned to look at the ocean. Tracey was about to talk to Lorelei, when she shushed him.

"The ocean is so beautiful," she said, "the gentle wind blows like it's speaking, and you can feel the salty air on your face. The blue sky and ocean make's this spot the most beautiful place in the world." From the way how Lorelei spoke, Cora can tell that Lorelei really liked nature. After listening to her speaking, Cora walked up to her.