Just then Tracey noticed a lot of statues of a dragon in the building.

"That's a Dragonite." Cora said.

"That's right and I must warn you, Drake owns a Dragonite." The receptionist warned.

Ash, Misty, Mairin and Tracey were surprised by that. Cora and Alain already knew.

"And because of Dragonite, Drake hasn't been defeated for quite a while. So Cora, Alain, Ash, I wish you three good luck." The receptionist said.

===============

That evening, Cora had picked which six Pokémon she would use in her battle against Drake. Cora and Alain decided to do some training before the big day. After they were done, all of their Pokémon got checked up and healed. Then they went to bed to be ready for Cora's match.

===============

The next day, it was finally time for Cora to face off against Drake. Lots of people had turned up to watch the battle and all the seats of Pummelo Stadium were all full. Alain, Ash, Misty, Mairin and Tracey were in the seats as well.

"Welcome Pokémon fans! Pummelo Stadium is pulsing with excitement, as we get set for the first Orange League Competition season!"

Drake Yuuji entered the stadium.

"And here is Drake Yuuji, the Leader of the Orange Crew and undefeated Pummelo Island Gym Leader!"

The crowd cheered.

Cora entered the stadium with Kilala on her shoulder, she walked towards the center of the stadium.

"Opposing him from Viridian City, Cora Joy, for those who don't know her, Cora is the Champion of the Indigo Plateau and consider the youngest champion winner at the age of 11."

The crowd cheered again.

"And she hopes to end Drake's winning streak, so she can earn herself the winner's trophy and place herself in the Orange League, Hall of Fame!"

Both Drake and Cora were at the center of the stadium, facing one of another.

Both Gym Leader and Challenger shook hands.

"The trainers begin with a traditional handshake."

"Welcome to the Pummelo Gym Cora and the Orange League Winners Trophy Competition." Drake greeted.

"Pleasure to meet you, Drake." Cora greeted back.

"You must be a very strong trainer to have gotten this far. Are you ready for this battle?" Drake asked.

"Yes I am." Cora replied.

"This is a full 6-on-6 full Pokémon Battle, when three of either Pokémon trainers are unable to battle, there will be a Field Change." The referee explained the rules.

Cora nodded, then she heard some mechanisms noise coming from behind her, she turned around and spotted the field changing. The battle arena had lots of rocks and a small pool.

"The battle will begin on a Rock and Water field."

"This winner trophy match is about to begin. So choose your Pokémon and good luck to you both." The referee said.

"And now we'll see which Pokémon the trainers shall choose; an important decision should give us an idea what their opponents are planning."

DING! 

The crowd cheered.

"I hope this one makes a good impression." Drake sent out his first Pokémon.