"Are you sure that this is Navel Island, Tracey?" Mairin asked.

"I'm sure." Tracey confirmed.

"Excuse me, are you all lost?" A male voice asked, from behind them.

The gang turned around and saw a man with short auburn hair and black eyes, wearing a light blue shirt with a white vest, long grey pants with a pair of grey boots and a big backpack on his shoulder. Cora knew that this man was Danny the Naval Island Gym Leader.

"Actually, we are. We're looking for the Navel Gym." Cora replied.

Danny smiled, "I will take you there. I know the gym very well." He offered, "The name's Danny Matsumoto by the way."

{A/N: I added the Japanese dub actor's last name to Danny's. It does sound kind of cool when you say. But if you want me to change it, I will}

"Thanks, that would be great." Cora smiled.

"No worries," Danny said and turned around, "Follow me."

The gang followed Danny and he led them to the foot of the big mountain that stood on Navel Island.

"This is the gym." Danny pointed at the mountain.

"You mean that the Navel Gym is actually a mountain?!" Ash gawked. 

"Pika?!" Pikachu exclaimed in shock.

Cora turned to Danny, "This is a test, isn't it?"

Danny chuckled, "That is correct." He pointed towards, to a gate at the foot of the mountain, "You see, when you pass through that gate, the challenge starts."

Cora, Alain and Ash walked up to the gate and pushed it open. Through the gate was a path that led up to the mountain. Tracey saw a sign board and looked at it.

"This signpost says that challengers for the gym have to climb up the mountain and those who are not challengers can take the cable car." he said.

"Well that doesn't seem so bad." Cora commented.

"Oh hold on," Tracey interrupted, "It says that the challengers must not use any Pokémon for help up at the mountain, or they will be disqualified."

Ash slumped his head down at that information, "Oh man." He groaned.

"Well since I need this gym's badge, I must as well do it." Cora shrugged.

========================

Cora, Kilala (Shiny Espeon), and Danny started to climb up the mountain, while Alain, Ash, Misty, Tracey and Mairin took the cable car. Danny was climbing the mountain easily. Cora was finding somewhat easy since she had been training with her Pokémon.

She heard the cable car cable running, she turned her head to the left side and saw Tracey, Ash, Misty, Mairin, and Alain inside the cable car.

"You can do it, Cora!" Mairin cheered.

"You're doing great!" Alain added.

"Be careful!" Tracey warned.

Cora smiled at their encouragements.

Danny looked at Cora, "You seem to have no trouble with this, aren't you?" He asked her.

"I don't mind it." Cora grunted. "I find this fun because I train with my Pokémon." She smiled, "Also it's not that bad."

Danny laughed at Cora's response, "Yep, you're definitely different to other girls your age. Most girls would whine or demand another way to get up this mountain." He commented.