Chapter 16

Cactus was standing out in the cold, she could never get used to this. Cactus looked over to Stormbreaker, he looked like he was going to pass out at any moment, but he couldn't, the darkest night was here. As the sun was setting a pillar of darkness flew up into the sky.

Stormbreaker was the first to start flying toward the light followed by Peril, Winter, Qibli, Moon, Kinkajou, Turtle and the army Queen Glacier let them have. Cactus flew as fast as she could, as they found the darkness Stormbreaker threw the light rock toward it and it was dodged as a big icewing with pure darkness all over their body aproched and said in a sinister voice "Hello, I am Darkness, and you will all now before me, I WILL RULE ALL!"

Peril quickly flew toward Darkness and was surprised when he smiled as he held her by the throat and threw her back, her firescales did nothing to him. Qibli quickly attempted to hit him with his tail and he was punched in the face. Winter and the Icewings all shot at Darkness with their frostbreath, but it did nothing as Darkness knocked them all down. Kinkajou, Moon and Turtle all tried and failed to think of a way to stop him.

Suddenly Stormbreaker said "Cactus we have to knock him into the light stone." Cactus nodded as she and Stormbreaker quickly flew toward Darkness, he was shocked. As the aproched the stone Cactus prepared to be teleported with this monster and Stormbreaker but suddenly Stormbreaker pushed her off as he smiled at her.

The last thing Cactus saw of Stormbreaker was him smiling back at her as the light consumed him and Darkness. Cactus looked over to the light, hoping that Stormbreaker was still there, he wasn't. Cactus cried out in grief, the prophecy was stopped, right?

Cactus couldn't hear a thing as she cried out in grief, she loved Stormbreaker and she didn't have a chance to tell him. Suddenly a talon was felt on her shoulder as Moon said "Cactus, he's going to come back, remember it only teleported him, it didn't kill him, he'll be back, he wouldn't leave you forever." Cactus slowly stopped crying, she could only hope to see Stormbreaker again.