Chapter 12

Winter was unsettled by the nightwing kingdom, it was a dark and abandoned kingdom. Winter looked through the scrolls in the library with Qibli as Turtle, Kinkajou and Moon went through the castle looking through books.

Winter looked at the scroll in his talons and saw the title, it was called "King of all, story of a animus shadow." As Winter look at the title he said "Qibli, I found something, we need to get everyone!" Qibli and Winter quickly gathered Turtle, Moon and Kinkajou.

Winter held up the scroll as he said "I found this scroll titled 'King of all, story of a animus shadow.' And I think we need to read it." Winter quickly rolled open the scroll, it was old, and torn.

Winter began reading "There was once a Icewings named Snow, he was one of the first animus dragons in recorded history. Snow was loved by all but his heart was cold and as black as the night. Snow saw his tribe as unworthy of his power. One day Snow decided to bring his shadow to life. His shadow became a killing monster, it killed and tormented anyone it could. One day Snow was finally killed by his own kin, a dragon named Penguin. After being killed his shadow fused into him and they became a monster who wanted control, eventually Penguin trapped monster and hid the item they were trapped in to ensure nobody ever freed them."

As Winter finished Qibli said "It seems like someone is gonna free them, so we need to go find and hid this item." Moon then said "I think the story might be a bit changed, because if there was a evil animus Icewing wouldn't Winter have known this story?"

Winter eyes widened as he realized he never heard of Snow, but I'd he was a evil animus than why did nobody use him as a tale to make dragons realize the dangers of animus magic. Winter then said "Maybe we should go to the Icewing kingdom to see their side of the story, there are some old scrolls nobody has read for years so maybe it is one of them."

Turtle then said "Well if it is there than we can't go, the great wall will kill all of us if we try to cross." Winter than said "I'll go see if there's anyway for you guys to get in once we get there, then we can find the scroll and figure out the whole story and save the world from this evil shadow monster."

As Winter spoke he looked over at Qibli who looked happily back at him. Winter knew he had to ensure both he and Qibli were safe from this evil Monster.