16- Remembering You

Kate and Ron cuddled in the Gryffindor common room couch, smiling at each other. Hermione stared at them in disgust. She was angry and shocked, but she knew it wasn't Ron's fault. However, something deep click in her each time Ron smiled goofily at Kate or tickled her like he used to tickle her. She stormed to the library, flipping through books about spells and potions. She had no time to waste.
"Have you heard that Ron and Kate are dating?"
"Oh, yes. They make such a cute couple,"
"I thought Hermione was dating Ron though,"
"It didn't look like Hermione cared that much. I mean, she kind of glared at Ron and Kate, but I don't think she cared,"
"Yeah. I guess the rumor made them break up,"
Girls giggled in the library as they continued on to other subjects.
Hermione huffed as she stormed back into the common room, realizing she needed to make some observation and notes about any abnormal behavior Ron made.

Ron was waiting for Kate to get ready for their trip to Hogsmeade in the common room when he saw the bushy haired girl from the morning come in.
"Hey," she said.
She was much calmer than she was in the morning.
"I didn't know you were from Gryffindor,"
"I was, I am, and I will be a Gryffindor even after I die," she said, smiling.
She plopped down in the spot Kate was sitting in.
"What's your name?" Ron asked her.
"Hermione Granger," she said.
Suddenly, Ron felt a sharp pain in his head. It was painful, but it was gone in a few seconds. Hermione. It seemed so familiar.
"Have I ever seen you before?" Ron asked, frowning.
Hermione remained silent.
"Do you know Harry Potter?" she asked instead.
"Oh, yes. I do. I'm pretty sure you've heard this story but Harry and I had to skip a whole year and stay in the woods to find Horcruxes,"
"How about the Yule Ball?"
"That was from long back. Yeah. It was good times," he smiled.

'I have been removed from his memories. He knows nothing of my existence,' Hermione noted.
"By the way, Ron, do you remember the Wingardium leviosa Spell?" Hermione asked, trying to see if his memory was changed completely.
"Oh yeah. By the way, it's Wingardium Levi -o- sa," Ron noted.
"Really? Who says?" Hermione asked, amused. He did remember a few things. There were a few flaws in the spell or whatever Kate did.
Ron sat there, thinking. He frowned.
"Strange. I can't remember where I've heard that. I'm pretty sure I'm right though," he smiled.
Suddenly, Hermione saw a flash in his eyes. It was a pinkish purple colour that flashed and was gone in a split second as he smiled.
Kate walked down the stairs that moment, smiling brightly at Ron.
"Ron," she called sweetly.
Her lips were smiling, but her eyes were cold as she glared at Hermione.
"Let's go," she said as she pulled Ron up.
Ron nodded politely at Hermione as he escorted Kate out the door. Something was wrong. Hermione stared, her eyes wide in disbelief as the couple left the room.
'Ron never escorts girls,' Hermione noted.
He never really liked escorting girls because he claimed it was 'uncomfortable'. As soon as they left, Hermione left, following them quietly. They went into a cake shop. Ron, once again, held the door for Kate as she smiled warmly. His smile seemed so... fake. Suddenly, a thought popped into Hermione's busy mind. Gasping, she ran back to Hogwarts, heading straight to the library.

She flipped a thick ancient Potions book, careful not to rip the pages. She finally opened a page where a sketch of a bottle with sparkling liquid inside. Not even bothering to read it's name, her fingers scrolled down to a paragraph.

'Changes the person's personality depending on what ingredient was used. Look at pg 789 to find out more about the ingredients.'
'Wizards back in the past often mixed this with the memory potion or the love potion to give it a different effect,'
'Their personality may be changed but their usual habits will come out unconsciously.'

Hermione snapped her fingers, her heart beating excitedly in her rib cage. Her eyes skimmed the page, looking for important points.

'+Memory Potion
Only way to reverse this is to remind the person of what they have forgotten. This is a long tedious process. No matter which memory potion they use, once mixed, their memory is only sealed and locked in the back of their heads, not completely removed. Once recovered, they may not remember some parts, but will remember most of it. However, the time is limited. The memory will be sealed completely and would be almost impossible to return after 14 days after consuming the potion. There has been cases where the drinker has recovered after 14 days. Turn to page 837 for..'

Hermione sighed a breath if relief as she realized there was a cure. Kate had mixed this stupid potion with a memory and love potion. Angry at Kate's self-centered and impolite action, Hermione stood up, checking out the book as she returned to her room.

"Sorry, Kate. I think I figured out your plan a little earlier than you wanted me to," Hermione grinned.