"Your daughter?" Brittany stumbled over her words.

I told you to talk to her before this! Look at the mess you've made!

Not helping!

"Yes, I forgot to mention I adopted her. Everything that was his now belongs to her. If there's something particular you want to keep for yourself or your future pups, go ahead and pack it up. But keep it to one box. That blanket goes back to her." He felt guilty for dropping all this on her, but he knew she could handle it. Plus, there was no changing the situation. Sierra was his mate, Brittany would have to get used to her.

"Whatever. I'm going to stay at Tiffany's tonight."

"Sierra has a nice dinner planned for the three of us. I expect you to be there promptly at seven and be civil." The warning in his voice was unmistakable.

"Yes, father." She gritted her teeth to hold back a retort.

"By the way, Amanda and John discovered they were mates recently. They are in the process of moving in together. That leaves a room open in the pack house if you want it."

"Yes! You know I do! I'll find out which one they don't want and redecorate it! Thanks, Dad!" Giving him a kiss on the cheek, she tossed the blanket at him and left to search for Amanda.

Zane shook his head at her quick change.

Teenagers.

We were one once.

Yeah, I don't want to go back.

You realize Sierra is also a teenager.

Of course, but she doesn't act that way.

Sometimes, I wish she would. Her time to be a child, a teenager, was cut short. It's our job to make her happy and enjoy life. I know I can. I'm not so sure about your old ass.

Hey! I'm the same age as you!

No, I'm younger. You had to live ten years before I joined you. Then, three more until you were able to shift. That makes me twenty-nine compared to your fourty-two.

Shut up, I want to check on Sierra.

Sweetheart, how are you?

I'm fine. Did Brittany find you?

Yes. I told her to be back for dinner at seven. Do you need help?

I don't need your kind of help.

What do you mean? I can cook!

If you were here, cooking is not what we would be doing. Besides, Betty's on her way over. When I admitted I didn't know how to make anything, she volunteered to show me.

Alright, but if you need me, I can be there in minutes. I love you.

I know. I love you back.

The food was in bowls on the table when Zane and Brittany arrived. Zane kissed Sierra on the mouth as he said hello and Brittany on the cheek.

"This smells delicious. Let's eat."

"You cooked all this by yourself? I'm impressed."

"Betty helped." Sierra felt that she was being put down.

The next half hour went by in mostly silence, the only sound being Angie's babble. Zane broke it by asking Brittany if she was ready for school.

"I won't need much the first day. I like to get supplies after I go. That way, I get exactly what's required."