Chapter 3

Zane Wilder stifled a sigh as he gazed around the room.  He thanked the Moon Goddess again for having his daughter's mate in Silver Moon Pack.  He was glad because this was one Pack he could get along with.  However, it didn't stop him from being bored out of his mind.  He brought both his daughters on this trip even though it was only Lily who was old enough to find her mate.  He chuckled, thinking about what Brittney would've said had he tried making her stay home.

"What's so funny?"  A feminine voice said from nearby.  She probably meant for it to come out sultry and sexy, but to him, it was nails on a board.

"Nothing."

"Maybe you and I could go somewhere private and have some fun.  You’ve got to be craving some excitement."

Who does this bitch think she is?  Do we look like we want to fuck her?

Settle down Xav, watch this.

"We don't need to be in private for me to kill you.  Touch me again, and I'll rip out your throat right here."  He growled through clenched teeth when she put a hand on his arm.

She jerked her hand back, "You don't need to be an asshole."

"It's who I am.  Now get lost and spread the message that I'm not interested."

The Alpha of Silver Moon approached, watching the dismissed she-wolf stomp off.  "You have a way with women, my friend."

"I have no desire to fuck any she-wolf.  They either want me to take them as my second chosen mate or make them Luna.  I have no intention of doing either."

"I forget that some of the rumors about you are true."

"They're all true.  I'm a feral asshole Alpha who would rather kill you than look at you."  A smirk came across his features, causing the females in attendance to lust even more after him.

At forty-two, he looked closer to twenty-five.  His deep blue eyes are a perfect complement to his dark brown hair.  The stubble on his chin added to his aura of danger.  All the she-wolves would agree he was the hottest male in the room, mated or not.

"Our children have completed the mating process.  How long do you plan to stay?  You and Brittany are welcome for as long as you want.  If you don't actually kill one of my pack."  Michael half joked.  He was a year older than Zane, but looked much older.  His thinning light brown hair showed signs of grey and his frame now has more fat than muscle.

Zane didn't consider him a threat physically.  He liked Michael's pragmatic views and was one of only a few fellow Alphas whose presence he could stand.  Yes, he was very happy Lily was mated to his younger son.

"I'm not sure, Brit wants to stay until school starts.  I'm not expected back for another month or so.  I didn't think Lily would find her mate already. This is the second pack we've visited."

"She can stay if you wish to return.  I know how difficult it is to be away."

"My beta can handle," Zane was interrupted by the song 'Danger Zone' ringing from his phone.  Instantly on alert, Zane walked off, not bothering to say anything to Micheal and answered the phone.

"What's going on Steve?"

"We have a problem.  Gary ran into a group of six rogues yesterday."

"Why would that be a problem?  He has standing orders to kill all rogues on sight. Did this group somehow overpower his patrol?"

"Zane, it's a group of kids."

That made him pause a moment.  "What do you mean kids?"

"The oldest is a teenage girl.  The rest are too young to shift.  Gary said they were all dirty and smelly.  He couldn't kill kids so he brought them back.  Then he put them in one of the cells."