Chapter 9

She's the orphan Luna of Blood Moon.

She's our Luna.  Future Luna of Night Wind.  She has been since the moment we saw her.

But do you realize what this means?

It means a lot of things.  To which particular thing are you referring to?

She was born a Luna.  That's why she doesn't submit.  Lunas are immune to commands.  We thought she didn't submit to Steve because she had Alpha blood, making her rank higher.

We never tried to command her.

We haven't needed to. We've been letting her open up to us on her own.  I didn't consider that she could've been mated to the next Alpha of Blood Moon.

Speaking of Steve, he's been trying to link us since last night.  Maybe we should see what's up?

Sierra is more important.

I agree, but she's calm now and getting ready to go out.

What's up?

Zane, finally!  What is wrong with you?

I have a sixteen year old mate whom I want to fuck and can't.

You'll have to elaborate.

You made her a pack member?  Without asking me?

Last I checked, I was Alpha, not you.  I do not need your permission to accept a wolf into the pack.  Anger oozed through the link to Steve.

Perhaps not, but it is customary to talk first.  It's also custom to have a ceremony for anyone in the pack who wants to attend.

I refuse to explain my actions to you or anyone.  Got it?

Yes, Alpha.

Was there anything else?

Do you know when you're coming back?

In a few weeks, I'll let you know.  If an emergency comes up, call my cell.

Arrogant prick.

He's been a loyal Beta.  Forget about him.

Gladly.  I wonder what bra she's wearing.

Will you stop?  Horny bastard.

Nope.  You were thinking it too.

They spent the day at the zoo, Zane usually carrying Angie while Sierra pushed the stroller.  He would've bought every stuffed animal if Sierra had let him.  The reminder about space is the main reason he gave up.  He did manage to buy a penguin, which was Angie's favorite.

As they sat on a picnic bench, he asked the question that's been bugging him.  "How do you know what happened in ancient times?"

"I have a book."  She stole a glance at him.  "It was written by Agatha's granddaughter."

"A book that you can read?"

Is she for real?

"It's obviously not in English, but yes, I can read it.  My mother taught me, just as my grandmother taught her.  It's been passed down through the females in our family."

"You didn't have it with you in the woods.  Unless it's buried out there."

"No, it's locked up in a safety deposit box.  Mom made copies for me to study then we burned them.  It's funny.  Dad was the decendant by blood, but I don't know if he knew."