"Yeah, I really missed them."

"So, how was your day at school?" My mom asked. This was again, the very first time in a long while that she asked me about my day. Not only that she's visibly sober but she also remembered that I'm her son.

"I had a really good day." I drawled out. "There's this bo... Ahem, girl that I like and I just asked her if I could walk her home and she said yes." I went on. I almost slipped up just because the face of Jordi chuckling quickly flashed right before my eyes and then I just remembered that I'm talking to my mom.

"Awww, that's really nice, sweetie." My mom cooed. "Is she pretty like me?"

"Yeah, yeah." I nodded thinking about Jordi. "She's quite the prettiest that I've met, she has this nice curly hair and her skin's glowing like she's been having a full eight hours of sleep every night."

Jordi Adkins might not be a girl but I think he looked pretty for a boy, he's probably even prettier than most of the popular girls at school. Just talking about his semi curly hair makes me want to comb them using my fingers. He has a bow-shaped lip and I definitely know how tender they feel.

"Oh my, my!!! Have you asked her out yet?"

"I'm thinking about it." I wonder what would be Jordi's reaction when I asked him out for a real date. I haven't formally asked him yet and it's incredibly crazy how sluggish I was. I have seemingly forgotten myself and those smooth moves that I used on asking Michiko out and the few others before her.

"Well, then you might have to stop thinking about it and starting doing it. If she's as pretty as you say, then I'm certain that there's a ton of thirsty dudes out there who's more than willing to be in your position." My mom urged out and it felt nice to hear some words of encouragement from her. It's nice to see her talk like a real mother for a change.

I got up from the couch and sneaked behind my mom. "I really missed you, mom." I wrapped my arms around her while she was chopping onions.

"Now you're being really weird sweetie." She huffed out yet still, she gave me a peck on the cheeks. "How in the fucking hell are you going to miss me when I've been here the whole time?" Unknowingly enough with such a loud accentuation, she stressed out how she's been here the entire time. Little did she know; she's been missing in action for me. At least in a motherly way, she's been absent.

"Yeah. Haha." I just laughed my own sentiments out.

"Anyway, I feel like I want to drink some ice cold soda. I feel like there's a dry desert inside my throat."

"I'll check the fridge."

With very little movement, I eventually pulled the fridge open and I wasn't that much surprised to see nothing. There's a lot of bear, a few eggs and some rotting veggies but that's just about it.

"Uhm, we only have beer though."

"Oh please, not today, Xavier. I don't feel like drinking one." My mom divulged. I found that exceedingly hard to believe but hey, this was a teeny sober version of her. If she doesn't like to drink beer, then I'm not going to guilt trip her into drinking one.

"Okay. I'm head out to the store then."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I still have a few bucks left."

"Oh for god's sake, Xavier. I'm your mother. Just take a few bills from my wallet and also buy me some chocolates, anything that has an almond. Keep your own money, sweetie."

"Alright then."

When I got to the store, I wasn't expecting to see Jane and Nikki buying some booze and chips at the counter. They were both wearing some skimpy outfits too.

I was really trying not to be seen by them unfortunately, Jane spotted me right before I could even go incognito. "Oh, hi there, Xavier!"

"Oh hey." I waved faking a smile. "It looks like there's a party." I truly have no other choice but to act nice. Jane and Nikki are Jordi's best friends and logically, I also have to be in their good graces.

"Yeah, were going fucking lit tonight!!!" Jane replied changing her voice and mimicking some white teenage dude who's excited to throw a party.

"Ah, alright. You look like you're pumped out to party huh."

"I'm sorry but you look like you're a minor. I'm not going to let you buy these." The cashier lady mumbled giving Nikki such a hard glare.

"What? I'm not a minor. I'm eighteen." Nikki replied.

"Let me buy them then." I uttered stepping right in front of Nikki.

"How old are you?" The cashier lady inquired raising her thin eyebrows on me.

"I'm twenty-one." I replied.

"Let me see your ID."

I fished the fake ID that my Hector got me from my pocket and handed it to the cashier.

"Okay." The cashier lady nodded believing that I was actually twenty-one.

Nikki rolled her eyes before eventually giving me the money on her hand. She doesn't seem to like me but I'm sure I'm going to change her thoughts on me at some point in the future. Thankfully, I got the fake ID in my pocket and if not, these two ladies won't be able to buy their booze for the party.

"Oh my freaking god. Are you really twenty-one?" Jane sounded astonished the moment we all got outside of the store.

"Jesus, Jane. Are you really that dumb?" Nikki scowled at her.

"What? I was just asking."

"That's just a fake ID, girl and clearly, he's not twenty-one."

"She's right." I nodded in agreement.

"Oh, right. Thank you by the way." Jane said.

"Chitchat's over." Nikki grabbed Jane's hand and began pulling her.

"Wait, Nikki. Don't you want to like invite him to the party?" Jane asked.

"Are fucking kidding me, Jane? We are not inviting an asshole to the party. No assholes allowed."

"Naah, me and my mom are having dinner together." I chimed in thinking that I'm still included in the conversation.

"Nobody's talking to you, mama's boy!" Nikki snarled at me before eventually pulling Jane with such force.

When I got back home, my mom's almost done cooking my favorite food. Our tiny apartment was filled with the good smell that it made my stomach churn. By the time, she's done cooking, we both ended up having dinner at the couch while watching a replay of Family Guy. I could taste how good my mom cooked the paella and it was just how I liked it. I can't even remember the last time he cooked this food because we're mostly having deliveries, instant noodles and canned goods. I only get real food when I'm out of the house.

Me and my mom shared mirthful laughter and silly stories together and it was honestly one of the best moments we had ever since dad left us. It was truly a good day for me. Not only that I had a good time with Jordi, I also enjoyed having my mom back.