Chapter 13: "The boiling point Pt. 1"

THE NEXT DAY — — —

DuPoint Realty - Craig's Office

9:10 AM

Cierra enters Craig's office unannounced, as he's drafting up some paperwork. "Cierra!" He shockingly goes, as he tries to grab his cell to call for help. "Put the phone down. I don't have any weapons on me!" Cierra says, before patting herself down. He takes a breather. "And, good morning to you, too." She remarks sarcastically.

"What do you want?" He asks her. "To make a proposition..." Cierra responds, as she approaches his desk and takes a seat. "Go on." Craig goes, as he becomes intrigued. "I'm going to cut you a deal. By the end of this week, you may either deposit the lump sum I'm asking for into one of my personal accounts, or you can choose to forgo that option and let me go ahead with the lawsuit, which, believe me, will have the media giddy with this astounding news by tomorrow at noon." Cierra tells him. Not feeling the offer, Craig nods his head.

"However, my lawyers will have everything resolved in small claims court by the end of this month, so I'll still receive what I want." She continues to threaten. "Cierra, you want three million dollars! That's half of everything! I just cannot do it..." Craig replies sternly. "I was afraid you'd say that." Cierra says, as she whips out her cellphone and texts someone. "What are you doing?!" Craig wonders. "See you in court, daddy." She tells him, as she gets up and struts off... Leaving a pissed Craig sitting there.

MOMENTS LATER — — —

Fielder Estates - Amyra's Bedroom

10:30 AM

Amyra sneaks into her bedroom and locks the door behind her, before dialing someone up Dr. Johnson on her cellphone. Surprisingly, he answers after the first ring! "Yes, Amyra?" He goes with an attitude. "I presume you're getting my money together for pickup in just a few hours?" Amyra asks him deviously.

"How about you come over at the time you want the money... I'll have it by then and we can finalize the terms of this entanglement." He suggests. She takes a moment to consider the idea. "You know what, fine. But this better not be a stunt... I'll see you soon." She tells him before hanging up the phone. She then exits her room and meets Ramiro in the hallway. "Hey, Amyra! Have you seen mother and father?" He asks her.