Chapter 12: "Payback is a b!tch"

DuPoint Manor - Craig's Office

9:05 PM

Cierra shoots at the bookcase that is a few inches from Craig's head! He is shaking as he stands there with his hands still in the air and his eyes closed. He opens his eyes slowly before realizing that he has not been shot."You know I NEVER miss a shot! If you ever fuck with me, my business, or my family again, I promise you, I will not miss..." Before dropping the gun, which fires and makes a hole in the wall, Cierra promises him and then leaves the room.

"Craig! Craig! Are you okay?! I heard gunshots..." Charlotte shouts from the hallway upstairs. "Go back to bed, mom." Cierra tells Charlotte, as she exits through the side door. "Cierra?! What are you doing here?!" Charlotte shouts behind her. Criag exits his office and looks to Charlotte. "It's nothing..." He tells her.

THAT MONDAY MORNING — — —

Carter Law - Mitchell's Office

9:10 AM

Cierra is at Carter Law, in Mitchell's office, finishing up the terms of her lawsuit against Craig with Mitchell.   "Okay, Cierra sign here and here." Mitchell tells her, as he hands her a packet and a pen and shows her where to sign. "Yes, sir." Cierra goes, as she does as told. "There you go." She tells him, while handing him the pen and packet.

"Alright, we're gonna get these to him as soon as possible. And in the future my people will be in contact regarding your court date..." Mitchell announces. "Thank you so much, Mr. Carter." Cierra tells him, as the two share a hug. "Of course. You're family. And you can call me Mitchell." He responds. She gives a sweet smile. "I can't wait to see the look on his face when he receives these papers!" Cierra says. "Me too!" Mitchell jokes, as he leads her to the door...

TWO HOURS LATER — — —

DuPoint Realty - Executive Floor Hallway