Chapter 3: "We dont have forever"

Marlton Pâtisserie

8:45 AM

As Cierra leaves the bakery and walks out into the sidewalk, she is holding her handbag on her right arm and a chocolate-filled croissant in her left hand. Before Karen and Amara suddenly approach and Karen call's her name, she looks back to see the two and immediately begins speed walking to her car. "Hey, daughter-in-law to be!" Karen shouts out.

"Sorry, Mrs. Carter! I'm late..." Cierra lies, as she rushes into car. "Hold on, I'll only be a moment..." At the bakery entrance, Karen tells Amara before jogging over to Cierra's car. Cierra quickly cranks up her car, when Karen knocks on her driver side window... Cierra takes a deep breath, before letting down the window.

"Good morning, Mrs. Carter! How are you?" She says. "I'm fine, dear... And, how about yourself?" Karen replies. "I'm doing good! Just trying to make it to work on time... You know?" Cierra continues. "Oh, that's nice... Have you made a decision on my offer yet?" Karen says, in a changed tone. Cierra becomes conflicted before answering. Curious, Amara tries to read Karen's lips from afar...

"Look, Mrs. Carter I already told you-" Karen leans into the window and rudely cuts Cierra off! "Listen, Cierra, I you don't know how important it is that I get this house! I not only want it, I need it! So, I am offering you eight hundred thousand to make this happen for me... Final offer!" Karen tells her in an intimidating manner. Flabbergasted, Cierra sits there shocked.

"I'll be in touch... Bye-bye now!" Karen says, before adjusting herself and heading back into the bakery. Cierra just sits there, heavily contemplating on a decision.

DuPoint Realty - Chelsea's Office

12:15 PM

Chelsea sits at her desk skimping through files, when the downstairs front desk clerk, Alyssa, calls her. She immediately picks up her office phone and answers it. "Hey, Alyssa. What's going on?" She says. "Hey, Ms. DuPoint, you have a potential client coming up." Alyssa replies. Chelsea pauses for a minute before responding. "Um, okay... Who is it?" She continues to ask.