Chapter 10: "The walls are closing in"

THAT NEXT NIGHT — — —

Dr. Johnson's Home

 Johnson's Home

12:57 AM

Dr. Johnson, heavily under the influence, stumbles into the kitchen to find his wife, Angela, awaiting him at the kitchen island. "Ah! Honey, you scared the shit out of me!" He goes, as he spots her out in the darkness. "Where have you been all night?" She replies, reclined on the bar stool. He takes a moment to think of a lie...

"Uh, very busy night at the hospital tonight... Lot of stuff going on." He says. He then approaches her and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Your shift ended at eight... And it's one o'clock now. What have you been doing since then?" She continues to question. "One of our doctors had an emergency. So I filled in for him until he made it. Any other questions?!" He answers, as he becomes angry.

"Nope." She goes, nonchalantly. "Now, come on up to bed." He tells her, as he exits the kitchen and heads upstairs. Before doing the same, Angela takes a moment to process what could be going on behind her back. "He wouldn't..." She tries to convince herself.

THE NEXT MORNING (FRIDAY) — — —

Chelsea & Ramiro's New Humble Abode

10:00 AM

Ramiro brings Chelsea into the family room of their new house while obscuring her view with his hands. "And, voila!" He goes, as he removes his hands and shows her the beautiful space. She gasps! "Wow! Baby this is so cute..." She says. She approaches a window and peers out onto the stunning backyard.

"I'm glad you like it baby." Ramiro tells her. "Wait, I didn't know your parents were buying another home..." She says, as she turns around and faces him. "That's because they aren't... This is our home! I paid for it in full the day before yesterday with C's Realty." He replied excitedly, as he pulls out the house keys and jiggle them in the air. "What the fuck?!" Chelsea asks, as she becomes heated.

The Carter's Pool House