2.9- The Final Battle

Start from the beginning

The young girl wore the silver armor, her hair free flowing in curls behind her. The two girls shared a look, a whole conversation finished with one glance. Alice gave a quick nod of her head and they were off. Their army marching in sync behind them.

Sabrina's mouth was wide open and her jaw was slack. "Geez, you look hawt. Got the hair down and everything"

Will and Cooper blinked at one another, questioning their existence to the two girls. They did so even more when Alice blew her a kiss, Sabrina catching it and tucking it away.

It switched to show the Red Card army marching with their dark leader and her right hand.

The two sets of troops marched to the battle field, a giant area filled of white and Black tiles. Making their war a game of chess. Chess is a game that Alice was familiar with. At boarding school there are set times for you to learn one of three things: chess, knitting, or playing the piano. Alice, the over achieving, picked chess when she first arrived. She spend countless hours in the library, reading and teaching herself the different positions and tactics to win the game.

"Background scene time!" Luna singsonged, the clips of Alice's past were a breath of fresh air from the current ones.

The scene shifted to one of the past:

"Checkmate" a soft voice said. A response was given in the sound of a huff. A girl with blonde hair half tied back with a ribbon resisted the urge to smirk at her win.

"You always win, Alice. Play against someone else."

Another defeat, another victory to me, thought the young girl. Her hands moved to place all the pieces back into their spots, hesitating with the king piece. "They don't like playing with me. I'm called mad." Her voice hallowed out and her blue eyes avoided the older girl's.

Astrid lifted her chin with two fingers, green meeting blue, "You are not going mad, Alice. Don't listen to the other girls." She kissed the young girl's forehead and walked away, her boots clicking against tile.

"But what if I think I am too...." Alice's voice drew off, quiet like a mouse's whisper.

Hatter glanced down at Alice's expression, not seeing a glimpse of sadness or pity for her younger self. Where his gaze didn't turn she looked up from where her chin had resided on her jean clad knees. "What?"

"You don't feel sad?" He questioned.

She huffed, twirling a piece of blonde around her finger. "It shaped me as I am today, so who am I to judge."

Alice is a quick learner, picking up on a person's tell signs and body language. Despite what some believe, chess is not a game for manipulators. It's a game that manipulates the mind. Working hand in hand with the player to deliver mental insanity.

Bellatrix grinned, "I love you so much"

The girl in question turned around and smiled, "love you too"

Many people snap under pressure and chess is a common way to do so. The one playing must have strong Will power and control in order to consistently beat everyone they play. Many try and downplay their minds, saying that they actually don't know how to play and then win easily from the other thinking they will easily be able to win. It messes with your feelings and changes the perspective of life. Chess is not so different than life at times, a winner and a loser will always happen.

Living or dying

"That got dark" James muttered.

The simplest game in terms of gameplay.