Part Thirteen

Louis wakes in pain, his head is killing him, his body aching, he opens his eyes to a rundown, dark room. He recognises it instantly...the orphanage.

Louis breathing picks up, he tries to move his hands but they are tied tightly in front of him and he has a gag on his mouth. He looks around the room and before he can contemplate anything, Vincent is walking into the room.

"You're awake, finally" Vincent smiles.

He walks over to Louis and cuts his gag off his face

"No one will hear you scream in here now, we're in the middle of nowhere" Vincent says smiling

"Why are you doing this?" Louis whispers looking right into Vincent's eyes

Vincent sighs and reaches out to cup Louis face, Louis flinches slightly but tries to keep himself together

"I saved you, do you remember? I've been watching you ever since then Louis. I've loved you for so long, but you never noticed me, you never cared. I killed all of those boys for you my lovely Louis, I made it all okay for you. I knew if I did that you'd notice me, that you'd see how much I love you and how good we could be together" Vincent says and Louis is so terrified because Louis can see in his eyes that Vincent believes he's done Louis a favour and he thinks Louis will thank him.

"I....l" is all Louis can manage

"Aren't you going to say thank you?" Vincent then says as he gets angry

"Thhhhhank you" Louis says, the words feeling like venom in his mouth

"You're welcome my lovely Lou" Vincent smiles

Louis let's a tear slip that Vincent wipes away

"You're mine now, and we're going to be together forever aren't we. Those two detectives aren't good for you Louis, you have to understand that" Vincent says

Louis really doesn't want to upset Vincent, he knows if he says the wrong thing he could fly off the handle and end up killing Louis too

"I...I do" Louis says nodding

Vincent smiles

"I'm going to get you something to eat and then we can talk about what we're going to do next" Vincent says and Louis just nods in agreement

Vincent gets up and goes towards the door

"If you think about trying something silly, I won't hesitate to kill you too" Vincent says as he reaches the door and smirks evilly.

This guy seems to have two personalities

Louis just nods but as soon as the door is shut he's working on the rope on his hands. He's desperate as his breaths are ragged as he tries to free himself. He sighs in relief when the ropes give way. Louis hands are really cut up and his forearm will definitely need stitches but he can think about that later.

He makes his way shakily to his feet, he's body protesting. He looks around the room for some type of weapon before his eyes land on a lamp. Louis doesn't know what his plan is but as he hears footsteps approaching the door again he grabs the lamp. He's got to try his best to escape Vincent before he's killed as well. Louis conjures up all his strength and as Vincent enters the room Louis hits him across the head, hard.

Vincent drops the tray of food he's holding and stumble backwards . Louis uses that moment to run. He hears an animalistic growl and footsteps following behind him. Louis doesn't look back and pushes aside his pain and does his best to navigate the orphanage and find his way out.

He manages to push the back door on the bottom floor open and could cry in relief. The backyard is overgrown and leads straight into the woods but Louis runs as fast as he can towards them. He can hear sirens in the distance but he needs to get away now, he tries to go towards them but he can't quite tell where they are coming from.