"Fuck, Jordi, fuck!" I cursed under my breath. Am I really starting to like this guy? How in the world did that happen? That's some crazy bull crap right there.

"Wait up, Jordi." Xavier yelled behind.

I turned into the corner and I thought I'm the faster one here but Xavier had long legs and he's an athlete. I'm clearly at a disadvantage here. He easily caught up to me and grabbed me by the arm. I tried pulling my arm from him but his grip was just tight that I lost control of my balance. Suddenly, I heard a thunderous honking coming from what I thought to be a school bus and then things went in a slow motion. My heart pumped louder not realizing that I'm in a trouble.

Fortunately, Xavier was there to save me from being ran over by a school bus. he yanked me and right before I fall, he managed to catch me by the waist. It's crazy how gravity worked in this moment. Time froze as my eyes locked right into Xavier's eyes and then there goes my heartbeat. Xavier appeared to be glowing as if he's in a skincare commercial and I just stared at his handsome face. He's somehow mesmerizing looking down at me.

He was holding me by the waist and my reflexes made me grab him by the shirt. The scene felt exactly like a cliché from every single romantic movie out there where the main character either trips or gets pushed and then someone suddenly catches them by their waist.

We stayed frozen in that position for a while until I realized everything's over. I'm safe and the bus just drove past us as if nothing happened.

"P-pink!" I chirped.

"What?" Xavier asked confused.

"Pink's my favorite color." I muttered trying to shake the awkwardness in the air.

Xavier finally let go of my waist and I was already standing right in front of him. "Oh, yeah. I figured that out."

"Oh, you just assumed that my favorite color's pink?"

"No, no, it's not that."

"Just because I'm gay, doesn't mean that my favorite color's pink." I snapped but I only did that to shake this weird ecstatic feeling that I'm having. "But yeah, it's my favorite color."

"Blue." Xavier uttered.

"What?"

"Blue is my favorite color. I haven't really answered your question earlier and my answer's blue."

Thankfully, I was able to keep my cool right after almost getting ran over by a school bus and getting saved by my bully. I instantly regretted wishing for a ten-wheeler truck hitting me because that almost happened.

Xavier and I continued walking and for a while, we were basically having a small talk and it's all because of me and my stupid questions. I was honestly disappointed at myself that I kept on asking stupid questions like what's your favorite animal? Or who's your favorite singer? Or what's your favorite movie? The truth is, I just really don't have enough courage to really ask him about how his life's doing and whatnot. It sounded too personal for a casual conversation.

By the time we got home, I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to Xavier. I had a good time talking to him and I hope it happens again because probably then, I might gather enough courage to get to know him on a deeper, more personal level as opposed to that basic bullshit.

"Okay, were here." I slurred having nothing in my head. I was standing on our front porch with Xavier behind me.

"Yeah. I really enjoyed walking you home." Xavier replied and that simple statement made me feel like I'm floating on cloud nine.

I turned around and then I was going to say something but then I was distracted by him towering over me. Xavier's a foot taller than me and all I could see was his lips and if I wasn't trying to control myself, I would've already kissed him. I would've already sucked that princess peach lips of him. However, I am still sane and I am currently trying my very best to control myself. I know this is too good to be true and while I like what's going on between us, I still have to remember that he used to bully me.

Xavier was smiling brightly that I got lost within those pearls. I never ever would've imagined, not in a million years, that the person who used to beat the shit out of me will eventually walk me home. That's a plot twist that I never saw coming my way.

We stood in awkward silence right in front of each other and for a while, we couldn't look at each other in the eye. I don't know what else to say to him because I don't want to say something crazy.

"I guess this is goodbye then." Xavier intoned finally deciding the end the awkwardness in the air.

"Goodbye? What in the hell are you talking about, Xavier? We're still going to see each other at school tomorrow." I replied laughing it out. I kind of feel sad that the day ended very quickly and yet I still want to hang out with him but yeah, all good things must come to an end. Or so they say.

"Oh yeah. So, see you at school then?"

"Yeah, see you."

Xavier turned around and began walking away. Quite honestly, there's a part of me that wants to invite him inside the house but the other part wanted to take things slowly and smartly. I ended up letting the other part win. Before Xavier could even disappear, I yelled over at him. "I really like talking to you."

"Yeah, me too." He replied.

When I got to bed later that night, I was increasingly getting giddy and all ecstatic. My head kept on replaying everything that happened today. When Xavier held my hand under the table during lunch, I almost choked myself. When he offered to walk me home, I felt like I'm the most special gay teen in the city. When he inadvertently saved my life, I was already more than willing to forget every single horrible shit that he did to me.

I grabbed my phone and tried searching for Xavier's name on IG. His account came up first and I immediately clicked on it. I wasn't really that surprised that I wasn't following him yet because I hated him, but I was more than shocked to see his account has over five thousand followers. I'm only at three hundred sixty-eight and that made me realize that he's really quite that popular.

I was just about to hit the follow button when I heard something hit my window. It sounded like a pebble hitting the glass. I initially ignored it but then it happened and it made me realize that someone's throwing a pebble on my window. I jumped out of bed to see who the fuck's trying to break my window glass.

When I opened my window, I was bewildered to see a very familiar face.

"H-hey, Jordi!"

It was Zacheus Riley.