A Prosperous Kingdom

Mulai dari awal

     Placed here and there are small stages where creatures who looked to be a little too good to simply be in costume, told spooky stories, purposefully bad jokes and performed all sorts of unusual tricks and stunts to get the crowd roused, luring many in for a fright or laugh. To know what was occurring when and where, conveniently set at the entrance is a large bulletin board posting the schedule of the day's delightful offers of entertainment, along with the rules, which basically whittled down to dress up and have fun. Also included on the board are times for outdoor screenings for later on in the night. For those wishing to partake in the indulgence of horror movies or Halloween classics early, amongst the shops stood a small theater with displays of posters for what is showing. Last, but not least, far at the back resided that old, haunted house Jack had taken her to a year ago to the day, where a long line of folks wait in anticipation to get the pants scared off of them by what lurked inside. She swore she could hear the screams right from where she stood.

     "It's so much better than I imagined." Y/N brings her hands to her mouth, near-tears as she took some steps forward inside the park. Her heart immediately lifted upon entering through the gates as she walked herself in a full circle to properly take it in, so enraptured by the beautiful dream that had taken it's first breath of life that she hardly noticed her parents and Nathan finally catching up from behind. Whiskers was smart enough to hitch a ride in her mother's arms, not the least bit exhausted by the ride up by the time he leapt onto the ground. All three of them had nearly the same reaction to her, surprised at what Jack had been able to make in just a short amount of time.

  "This is..." Her father trailed off as he came beside his daughter in awe, her mother joining to his right with the same expression on her face.

     "Incredible."

     "Only the best for my sweet," Jack declared, embracing his beloved queen from behind, knocking her out of her trance. Smiling widely, the girl spun around to take his face and kiss his cheek strongly with pride.

     "It's perfect! Everyone looks to be at full spirit." Grinning wider to match her, the magician nodded his head with vigor.

  "It's fantastic! I feel so alive!" Laughing, the spirit, without warning, lifts her up and twirls her around, dancing with the girl in his arms as she clung to his neck, shouting out to her parents and Nathan. "Don't wait up! I get to have one last night with my queen before I give her up!" Cackling more, Jack whisked her away, and she shook her head as he smiled down at her. "Where would you like to go first?"

     Humming, Y/N spins her head and points to one of the more terrifying coasters, making his eyes light up as he carried her there. The ride was super fast, much more than she was expecting, going through so many winding twists and turns with even a double loop before reaching the end, which was a giant drop down a giant, red devil's gullet. Neither could hardly stand on their feet once they got off, but regardless, Jack took her hand and dragged her to a small haunted house. Even being used to the trickster's jump-scares, there were plenty of frightful surprises that startled her into the spirit's arms on more than one occasion. By the end of it, they were both laughing, though.

     The next stop was one of the costume stores, where they chose their outfits for the evening before trying out the rest of the rides until inevitably getting hungry, stopping at numerous food vendor carts and shops for fresh hot chocolate and apple cider, pastries and more, sampling all that they could stomach before meeting up with her family and Nathan to watch one of the movies being played outside, sitting cuddled up in the grass with Jack and Whiskers on her lap, a bag of caramel popcorn in hand, and of course, plenty of candy to hold them through the film.