BOO!

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

Jack and Y/N travel through the old innards of the enormous mansion with the curious girl leading the way in search of the ballroom. Eventually, the two stop in front of large, double doors, where her special surprise awaits. The teenager reaches out to grab the antique, brass handles, but a voice behind her intervenes before she could pull.

"Just a moment, sweetie."

Y/N opens her mouth to ask why, but silences herself when a pair of hands cover her E/C orbs. She finds herself confused, yet intrigued by the blonde's actions. Jack can't help but laugh quietly to himself upon feeling her tense up a bit. He's excited for her to open the door, but wants the anticipation to build within her before revealing his special treat.

"Jack." She speaks his name with an unamused tone, still unhappy with the male for chasing Nathan out of the manor. A part of her wonders if her friend is okay. He did jump out a window, after all.

'Hopefully, he made it home safe.'

Jack giggles in amusement as he leans in closer to her ear, resting his chin on top of her left shoulder.

"Come on, don't you trust me?"

"Not in the slightest," she retorts, causing him to laugh once again as his ruby orbs flick over to the door handles. He nods his head, causing a shimmering, gold dust to circle around them before the doors open on their own. Y/N's head perks at the sound of creaking hinges as a chest presses against her back. The childish spirit walks the female forwards into the room with a wide, excited grin on his face.

"You ready?"

Feeling anxious, the girl vigorously nods her head, the anticipation eating away at her, and, so, the blonde removes his hands from her face. A stunned gasp slips past her lips as she gazes upon the magnificent room. Unlike the rest of the rooms she had searched through, this one is in perfect condition, but that's not all. Large windows stretch up to the high ceiling, allowing the light of the moon and stars to shine down onto the black, marble floor, while covering the walls is a vibrant, lime wallpaper patterned with a mixture of black and white cartoon skulls. Lining the walls to the left and right are long tables dressed in black cloth with glittery purple, spiderweb designs.

Like the table back at the mausoleum, they're filled with plenty of sweet treats and all sorts of delicious food. Hanging above on chains from the ceiling are three massive, black chandeliers with purple crystals dangling from them, and numerous, expertly crafted jack-o-lanterns are placed about the place, offering a very festive look. Y/N covers her mouth in awe, absolutely speechless, as she takes a few steps forward, oblivious to the thumbs up given by Jack, who remains by the door. Once the signal is given, hidden figures jump out from beneath the tables, only they aren't people, but monsters, very real, scary monsters.

"BOO!" They all shout in unison scaring the living daylights out of the teen, who screams and stumbles back into the spirit's arms. The king laughs at the delightful expression on her face as she stares at the beasts in shock as they also crack up at her reaction. The two lock eyes before the blonde smiles sheepishly at the girl.

"Surprise!"

With her heart still beating rapidly in her chest, Y/N gives a big smile to the spirit while shaking her head before pushing the male away.

"See? This is why I have trust issues," she jokes, causing a laugh to erupt from the blonde's throat.

"Oh, but this isn't all." His grin grows, puzzling the female.