Louis comes too, still inside the car, he's not sure how long he's been out, but he sees two fire fighters beside him trying to pry his door open.

"Louis, kid, just relax we're working on getting you out" one of them says

"Drew?" Louis asks a little drowsy

"Yeah kid, it's me, try to stay awake okay. Amy and Sammy are just behind us. Once you're free we will get you looked at okay" Drew tells him

Louis nods in understanding

Living in a small town everyone knows each other. Drew is chief of the firehouse and he and Louis met at a club one time, Drew tried to pick Louis up and they hit it off, but just as friends. Nothing romantic ever developed and when Drew found out Louis was 8 years his junior, he adopted him as his surrogate little brother.

Drew introduced Louis to his friends Edward, Andy, Sammy and Amy who are also Drew's age. They all welcomed Louis into their circle and are fiercely protective of him. They have dinner once a month together and watch out for him, have his back and it means the world to Louis. Edward and Drew are firefighters, Andy is the main doctor at the town hospital and Sammy and Amy work the ambulance.

"Keep your eyes open Lou" Edward tells him from beside Drew.

Louis opens his eyes, he didn't realise he'd shut them, he lifts his head and looks around the car, his eyes focus on his windshield though and the dead mangled body on top of his car, his arm through Louis windscreen.

"Don't look kiddo, it's okay, calm your breathing, look and focus on Edward and I" Drew says as he orders Louis to look at them

Louis looks Drew in the eyes and Drew can see the fear, Drew tries to calm him as best he can. Louis tries to slow his breathing, he closes his eyes tightly hoping this is all a dream.

He finally hears a huge crack and the car door is lifted off the car. Louis doesn't want to wait to get out, he doesn't want that image of the body in his head anymore, he rushes out of the car as best he can.

"Go slow Lou, relax, we're here" Drew comforts him

"Let's get you to Amy and Sammy, you've got a nasty gash on your head" Edward says.

Louis let's himself be led to Amy and Sammy, he's in shock and looks around at the street. There's people all over the place and the police are cordoning off the scene.

"Hop up in the back bud and we will look you over" Amy says kindly as they make it to the ambulance

Louis looks back at Drew and Edward, a little distraught

"We're going to finish up on scene, we won't leave just yet okay" Drew says gently

As much as he and Edward want to stay and make sure Louis is okay, they need to get back to work and finish up. When they saw Louis car when they arrived on scene their hearts were in their throats, they were so worried, until they realised he was okay. They love Louis to pieces and if anything happened to him they would be absolutely devastated.

Louis nods slightly, he's shaking as they help him into the back of the ambulance, he sits down on the bed and Amy and Sammy get to checking his vitals.

"You'll need stitches bud, that gash is really deep" Sammy tells him as she puts some gauze on it to stop the bleeding.

"Where else are you hurt Lou" Amy asks as she gets him to lie down and assesses him.

"Um my ribs and shoulder really" Louis says

"We're going to take you to Andy okay, let him check you over before we let you go" Sammy says

Louis nods still in a daze, he sits up again trying to clear his fuzzy head.

They then see a car pull up a few meters away from the ambulance. It's an expensive black Rover, one Louis has never seen before. Out of the car step two men, Louis, although still in shock, can't believe how good looking the two are. They are both in crisp tailored navy blue suits, they scream power and money.

One has slightly brown curly hair, parted in the middle, he's muscly and even has tattoos, he must be six three at least. The second is the same height, and pretty much the same build, he has shorter hair though, and striking grey eyes. They shake hands with the lead police officer of the town, Daniel Masters.

"Detectives" Amy says warily, Louis realises he isn't the only one staring

"Must be from London, wonder what they're snooping around here for" Sammy says

Louis looks to them both scared, he doesn't want to be in trouble, he fidgets with his fingers.

He looks back out of the ambulance and sees both detectives staring straight at him. They make their way over, their steps dominant and meaningful, the power they both exude is intimidating to watch. 

"Louis Tomlinson?" The one with grey eyes drawls, he's insanely gorgeous and his eyes hold Louis.

"Yes" Louis swallows

"I'm detective Scott Wolf and this is detective Harry Styles, we need to ask you a few questions" He says and his eyes don't leave Louis

Louis is about to reply when the girls step in protectively

"You'll have to meet him at the hospital, he needs medical attention" Sammy says sternly

Detective Wolf's eyes leave Louis and meet Sammy's

"Injuries?" He asks pointedly

"Like we said, you'll have to head to the hospital and speak to the doctors" Amy cuts in.

"We will be sure to do that once we finish on scene" Detective Styles slow drawl emits

They both then turn there stern gaze back to Louis.

"We ask you not to leave the hospital until we speak to you, understand" Detective Wolf says with slight force

Louis just nods, Sammy then jumps down from the back of the ambulance to head to the drivers seat, she closes the doors on both detectives, giving them both a warning stare.

"They seem nice" Amy says sarcastically with a slight smirk as they begin driving off

Louis chuckles

"Hot though" Louis says before he stops himself, he blushes

Amy laughs

"Good to know you're okay enough to appreciate them Lou" she teases and Louis blushes with a small smile.