Chapter 29

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

"Are you going to tell me where you're taking me?" I ask as I slide my sandals on. I'm wearing a burgundy floral sundress with a split. Dante bought it for me, I mean of course he did. My hairs in a messy updo held together with a claw clip.

"You look beautiful," he presses a kiss against my forehead, holding my face while he does it.

I grab his wrists, keeping him there. His touch is warm, soothing, loving. I promised myself that I would never fall for a made man, but here I am. A rule I thought I would never break, but somehow this man has broken every wall I've built since I turned eighteen.

He bulldozed his way to my heart, and a part of me is kind of glad he did. There's so much more to this man.

I wanted a real connection and that's exactly what we have. These two weeks we've gotten to know each other more. Those captivating blue eyes, and like I thought the first time I met him were filled with secrets. The rumors that surrounded him, I now know the truth about them and him. Some of those rumors were true some weren't, but I still love him.

This man saw through my facade. He saw the real me and I him. Turns out he isn't a handful at all and I'm the only one he has eyes for.

"I love you,"

"And I you,"

——

My eyes are covered as Dante carries me bridal style. We drove here first; it wasn't a long drive, but this walk sure is. Where is he taking me?

"Amore mio, I'm sure this would have been easier had you let me walk," I state.

"No,"

The convo ends there. It takes another minute or two until we finally meet our destination. Dante sets me down gently, then repositions me. The sun doesn't kiss my skin, but I can still feel a soft breeze. I can smell the sea and hear the faint sound of waves crashing against rocks.

Then I feel him. His hands brush my arms lightly, his scent that sends warmth all over my body. I expect his touch to linger but it doesn't.

Ever since the incident, Dante hasn't touch me, not as much as I would like, but I'm glad because I needed to clear my head. He's been slowly warming me up to his touch and I love that.

I patiently wait as Dante removes my blindfold.

First thing I see is the blue sky, then a huge true hiding the sun. A nice breeze sends a few strands of my hair into my face. There's a big tree blocking the sun and something about it feels familiar.

"Where are...?" I turn to find Dante on one knee.

All I can hear is my heart beating, drowning out the noises surrounding me. I never thought I would see this man on his knees, especially presenting me with a ring.

I'm at a lost for words. I look behind Dante, we've got a small crowd watching us. They're by a church. Then it all hits me. The one place we didn't visit was where the wedding was being held. I look to my left, we're high up, very high up and he carried me the entire time.

My knees buckle, Dante grabs my waist, stopping me from falling to my knees along with him.

"Marianne Alessi, I didn't think I was capable of loving someone, let alone being loved. The moment I laid eyes on you I fell for you. I was so confused as to why every man fell at their knees when it came to you but I understood then. You were in your element, surrounded by the ones you loved and the smile on your face was stunning. And at that moment, I wanted you to smile at me, I wanted to hear your breathy laughs all the time. A few seconds near you and I turned into a whole fool, a man no longer capable of forming a complete sentence. I wanted you but I felt like I didn't deserve to have you, because I couldn't give you what you deserve. "

I'm trying my best not to tear up, but a few tears escape.

"I couldn't give you the love you deserve, but I still took you. Even though I knew I couldn't show you all of me in the fear that you wouldn't love me like the way I love you. But you proved me wrong and showed me that even a scarred man like me can be loved. I know our relationship started out rocky and but I want to make up for it. For the rest of my life."

"So, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me? Say I do I do I do." He sings the last part off tune and through my tears I laugh."

I nod presenting my hand to him. "I do," he places the ring on my finger and I kiss him. I kiss him for the first time in two weeks. He kisses me back instantly with so much passion, this kiss is filled with love, so much love.

"I love you so so much," I say between our kiss. And I do. My love story may have started out rocky but I like how it's going now. My inner child is extremely happy right now

——