Chapter 11

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

I'm going clubbing. Is it my kind of scene? No, not really. More Violet than me. The music's loud to the point where I think my eardrums will burst. There are too many people, and too many people in a confined area usually lead to it being hot. Sweaty bodies and sticky floors. No.

But, I was glad that I was getting out of the house. The wedding is Saturday, so a few days until the big day. I'm anything but nervous.

After my competition I came home, took a well needed hot shower and slept until it was time to get ready. It was awkward being around Chet, he didn't say a word to me. And the truth is that's all I really wanted but it was weird.

Tonight I decided to step out of my comfort zone and wear something that isn't black. A sparkly silver dress, with my back on display and a split that comes up to my hip. It's also very short. This was a gift from Violet. Definitely, something she would wear, it's so ... sparkly. However, suited for the club. I paired the outfit with black strapped heels. And my hair is styled into a neat ponytail, I'm not sure what to do with it if I'm being honest. I just usually wear it down.

Well, let's get this party started. Dante was in the kitchen, he rest on the island typing away on his phone. A glass of scotch is next to his hand. I found that was the only other alcohol he had in this house and vodka.

"I'm ready."

He didn't look at me immediately, just continued to type away.

"Okay, I'll be with you in a sec. I have a meeting at the club, so you can't just mingle." He grabbed the glass of scotch and brought it to his lips. After downing what was left, his eyes finally met me.

I don't know why, but I want to know what he thinks about my attire. And right now I can't tell if he likes it or now by the way he grips the glass. Any tighter and it will surely break. I shifted, now feeling uncomfortable with his staring.

"Well, are you going to say something or continue to stare at me?"

"You look ... nice."

Nice. Nice?  I simply stared at him.

"What?"

That's fine, not like I need his opinion on what I wear. Nope, not at all. I wasn't up in my room trying to look my best for him. And why would I? Maybe because you're sexually attracted to the man. 

"I didn't spend all that time to look nice. Actually, never mind."

To hell with him and his opinion. I didn't even bother to wait for him as I started towards the door. I rested against his car as I waited for him to come outside. I'm not even sure why I'm so annoyed by his simple remark.

Even as we got in the car and drove to the club, my anger didn't go away. Dante seemed oblivious to it all and if he did notice, he doesn't give two shits to address it. We pulled up to his club. The sound of muffled music could be heard from inside the car.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.

"Hey,"

My body tensed at Dante's touch. He had simply placed his hand on my arm in a way to get my attention. But the touch felt hot and suddenly I wasn't nervous about going in the club.

"Are you okay?" Why was I angry at him again? I nodded. "Sure?"

"Mhm." He gave me a look like he didn't believe me. I wouldn't either. Usually, I would have made a snarky comment but I'm not too fond of the idea of being surrounded by drunk strangers. Once Dante exited the car, I released a shaky breath. Opening my door for me, Dante gave me his hand helping me out of the car.