Chapter 9

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

   Yet again, I sat trapped in a car with Dante Russo. This time, the car ride isn't filled with so much tension but my nerves. My mind keeps wandering about what will happen once I set foot into this man's house. I am a woman of my word, and I did say that he could do whatever he wanted to me as long as he didn't kiss me or fuck other women. Now I'm starting to regret my decision. I already hate that the man makes me feel things, and now I've given him permission over my whole body. To do as he pleases. Like I'm his.

Congrats, Marie, you sped up the process. He doesn't even need to marry me now to claim me as his.

Slowly the buildings turned from the city to the suburbs. The houses were all in different sizes and colors. I didn't expect him to live here. I was actually expecting a big ass house, with empty hallways like his heart and far away from society. We pulled up to a two-story white-brick house. I was right about one thing. Dante's house is a few yards away from the others.

"This isn't what I was expecting at all," I said once I got out of the car as Dante took my luggage inside. I grabbed the last bag and followed him inside.

"What exactly were you expecting?" he asked, placing the bags by the stairs, I followed suit.

It was even bigger on the inside and very open. So I could see the kitchen from where I stood. To my right were stairs leading upstairs. And to my left, is an office with open double doors, allowing me to see inside. Ahead of me was the living area and the dining area, which filled an entire area. Then a few steps lead into the kitchen with gray granite countertops and low lighting.

"A mansion dark and gloomy, and a basement big enough to hide dead bodies." I shrugged.

"Hmm, this house has a big enough basement." He walked towards the kitchen, and like a lost puppy, I followed him. Still, I kept a great distance between us. I watched as he poured himself a drink. His eyes stayed on me as he swirled the liquor in the cup, and the longer he stared, my heart beat faster. 

All the thoughts from the past few days rushed in all at once. What was he going to do with me? I wondered if he had truly cut off all ties with other women, and what sex with him would feel like.

...treat you different or just like all his other flings. Mia's words replayed in my head yet again.

"Do you plan on standing there all day?"

I looked around the room, then nodded. "It's quite nice over here,"

Dante braced his hands on the counter. A soft chuckle left his lips as he shook his head. My stomach fluttered once his eyes landed on me again, hooded and filled with lust.

"Come here."

With my heartbeat in my ears and clammy hands, I took a few steps toward him. It was impossible not to obey his command when it held so much dominance. As I reached him, he grabbed my waist, pulling my body against his. Threaded his fingers into my hair and pulled, then buried his face in my exposed neck. He released a deep groan of satisfaction that I felt between my legs. My breast pressed against his hard chest and a shiver rolled through me.

"I've waited so long to feel you," he groaned against my throat.

Funny, I've been wanting to feel him against me as much as I hate it. I'll admit that I'm lusting after the man, but that doesn't mean I want him to be the father of my children, let alone call him husband.

"Really? I couldn't tell." I whispered.

His hands moved to my thighs and lifted me onto the island. We were now on eye level as he stepped between my thighs, forcing them further apart. He bit down on my neck at my remark, causing me to yelp. Then his tongue slid against the skin, soothing the pain. A moan escaped my lips