Chapter 48 - The Day of News

Start from the beginning

"This new protocol is going to kill me." He groaned when he was finally done.

"Well, the good news is we're here and don't have to do that again for now." Milena tried to reassure him. "Can you stand up?"

He sighed and weakly pushed himself up with his hands on his knees. They carried themselves up to the front door of the house and George knocked. The door quickly opened only a few inches and half of Arthur's face could be seen behind the door as he stuck his arm out, his wand in front of him.

"What did I tell George after his mother caught him with his firework prototype?" He asked.

"That we ought to make one that can replicate a person's face so you could see the look on her's again." George answered as confidently as he could.

Arthur slammed the door shut and a couple of clicks could be heard before the door fully opened again. Of course that would have been the right answer.

Arthur quickly ushered the two inside to an open living room where a large fireplace stood surrounded by three large couches with a coffee table in the middle and a red carpet underneath it. Along the walls were paintings of plenty of redheaded wizards, Milena presumed were ancestors of theirs.

The second they were inside, George stumbled over to the nearest couch and collapsed onto it, stretching out along it and dropping a hand over his eyes. Arthur and Molly so far were the only ones who had gotten back so far and Aunt Muriel was already making a fuss over the people who had arrived ("Don't track mud in my clean house!" "Is that vomit on your face?" "Good god, get cleaned up!").

After Milena had finally managed to find an anti-nausea potion and gave it to George and a little to herself, they were looking much better and the colour had come back to George's face. The two got themselves cleaned up and not too long later, Charlie and Fleur arrived followed by Fred and Bill just a few minutes later. Charlie, Bill, and Fleur all seemed to handle the constant apparating a fair amount better than Milena and George had, but Fred was looking about how George did when they arrived.

"Here, drink." Milena commanded, handing Fred a cup with some more anti-nausea potion in it. Without hesitation, he took the cup from her and gulped it all down at once. Almost instantly, the pale-greenish hue faded from his face and his usually pink complexion flushed back.

"Thank you for that." Fred said, handing the now empty cup back to her.

"You looked about as bad as George when we arrived. Thought it might help." Milena shrugged.

"Is everyone here?" He asked, now surveying the room.

"Everyone that's supposed to be."

Now that everyone had safely arrived at the safehouse and Arthur and Bill had secured the property, Bill, Charlie, and Fleur left again. Bill and Fleur didn't need to stay since their new home at Shell Cottage had been made into a safehouse and completely unplottable and Charlie was so far away in remote areas from everyone else for work most of the time, he wasn't too worried about being found. So for now, it was Milena, Fred, George, Molly, and Arthur staying with Aunt Muriel.

She had a few guest rooms prepared for them, one for Arthur and Molly on the main floor, one for Fred and George on the second floor near the front of the long hallway, and one for Milena (and Ginny if needed) at the other end of the hallway. Fred mentioned that he hoped she would let Milena and Fred share a room instead, but he knew she was far too traditional for that.

"Unless you're married, you are to stay in separate rooms." Muriel told Fred when he complained. "I don't want any funny business while you're under my roof, Frederick."