Mirror

"You looking at me but I'm lookin' through you
I see the blood in your eyes
I see the love in disguise
I see the pain hidden in your pride
I see you're not satisfied
And I don't see nobody else
I see myself I'm looking at the
Mirror on the wall, here we are again
Through my rise and fall
You've been my only friend
You told me that they can understand the man I am
So why are we here talkin' to each other again..."
-Mirror--Lil Wayne ft. Bruno Mars

¥

James 1:22-24
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.

¥

Reading the Bible should not be an obligation.

You should read the Bible not to quickly get it out of the way each night, but when you have time to sit down and really absorb and understand what you're reading.

When you read, take the word with you and keep it in your heart.

You can't read about honoring your parents and then talk back to them when you don't get your way.

As the verse says, skimming the Bible is like looking in the mirror and leaving and forgetting what you look like.

Like Bruno says "why are we here talking to each other again?" You shouldn't have to remind yourself over and over because you should dwell on what you read so that you can remember it, or "remember what you look like."

Take a step by really studying your Bible.

• Take notes.

• Use post it's

• Memorize important verses.

There are so many ways the Bible can truly become a part of your life.

Put it above everything because the Bible is the real key to success.