Chapter 16

It's finally Saturday and Louis is in such a good mood that he connected his cell phone to his Bluetooth box before he even had his first cup of coffee and is listening to Harry's albums at full volume. He now knows the lyrics and sings along while he freshens up in the bathroom. Louis and Harry have agreed that they will both go to his house immediately after the stunt walk, so Louis has already packed his bag with fresh clothes for the night and attaches great importance to his outfit today. He has chosen black pants that accentuate his bum, a simple black shirt and a denim shirt which he wears open and has rolled up his sleeves, a squirt of his perfume and then he is satisfied with the sight he sees in the mirror.

Packed with his bag for the night, his camera gear and a bouquet of flowers for Harry, which he got last night because he's so damn gone for this man, he makes his way to his car and heads to the location.

When he pulls up in front of The Grove, an outdoor shopping hall where you can always find some celebrity, he stays in his car and enjoys the cool air conditioning rather than basking outside in the sun. A look at the time reveals that Harry will be there with Ella at any moment and is going to stroll along the shops, so he takes his camera out of his pocket, takes a few test photos out the open window and feels ready for the two of them to arrive. At least as far as his job is concerned because emotionally he is a bit tense.

And then suddenly he sees them, hand in hand, strolling in his direction. Louis is really trying to be professional. But as the jealous ass that he is, and always was when he had feelings for someone, he can't fight it. He hates every second he has to watch as they swing their hands clasped back and forth between them, the mock amorous looks from Ella and as Harry bends down and kisses her close to her mouth so that it looks like a real one for the photo, he presses his shutter button one last time and then angrily throws the camera next to him on the seat. He has the feeling that he has to destroy something, but instead just smashes his steering wheel with his flat hand - so much that his horn sounds and he looks up in shock, just like all the other people outside.

Harry and Ella also look in his direction and then continue towards him. But Louis can't bring himself to take another picture of them, even if his life would depend on it. He hates everything at this moment. That Harry has to act straight, that Louis isn't holding his hand, but also how little control he has over himself right now.

"Fuck," he murmurs quietly, stroking his face.

Harry and Ella are just level with his car and he sees the worried look on Harry's face, it's kind of burning into him but Louis can't help but frown back for fear of bursting into tears of anger. Shortly before they disappear from his field of vision, Harry shows him the middle finger behind Ella's back but grins so sweetly and blows him a kiss that Louis has to chuckle.

It was a little greeting from the past but this time with the knowledge behind why Harry always did it and this time to make him laugh. The jealousy dissipates a bit, but a queasy feeling remains in his stomach. Louis really thinks that's one of his bad traits, but there's not much he can do about it. It's all so fresh, he doesn't know how much Harry likes him, if it's even half a matter of how Louis feels about him, and yet he has to share him. Even if it's just fake with Ella, the world won't know for the next few years with whom Harry really spends his free time, who he writes and calls every day. But then he remembers that Harry is worth it. While he's still pondering, he gets a new message and Louis is grateful for the distraction from his own thoughts.

'Come to me. I can't wait to kiss the pout off of your face.'

It's from Harry and Louis doesn't wait a second longer, tucks his camera safely back into his bag and drives off, tires screeching. He hardly notices the way to Harry and the streets only pull past him. Instead, the same scene from earlier just plays out over and over again and Louis just can't seem to push it away. He just needs Harry now.