Chapter 8

Louis is back at work. Of course, that means that he can finally photograph Harry Styles again after three weeks today... no, he has to. Definitely has to. He didn't long for it at all to get him in front of his lens again. Nope. Today, however, he is not alone. Three other paparazzi are standing next to him on the sidewalk, waiting for him to leave the gym across the street. It's so damn hot today that he has thrown himself into his shortest jean shorts and wears a blue tank top, cap and sunglasses over his eyes. He hopes that Styles won't be long in coming, otherwise he'll probably have melted away soon.

But it takes another half hour until the door to the back exit of the gym finally opens and Harry slowly descends the stairs. Ella comes out behind him, tight-fitting track pants and a crop top that accentuates her flawless figure, but Louis only has eyes for Harry and photographs only him. The other paparazzi will certainly take care of good photos of the fake couple.

Harry's muscular body is clad in the world's shortest black gym shorts and a white tank top that lets his tattoos show through. The hair is wet around his head and he's quite the view. How can a person look so hot after sweaty exercise? Louis definitely wouldn't and he takes photo after photo just to make sure he's got it from every angle. Harry doesn't even notice Ella, she just trudges behind him, grinning widely and enjoying the attention while Harry glares at him and the other paparazzi, grimacing in annoyance. It doesn't take long for the two to reach the parked car on their side of the road and Louis lowers his camera as the other three paparazzi pounce on him like hyenas, preventing him from getting in. Harry is media trained, of course, and twists his mouth into a smile as he brushes off any of their questions and nicely asks them to keep a distance. Louis observes everything from his place and yet Harry's eyes suddenly turn to him. "And here we go again," Louis murmurs, and his doubts become reality as Harry calls, "Hey Tomlinson. Nice outfit. By the way, did you get the wine out of your shirt?"

And it sounds so damn smug. Louis never quite bought his apology back in the club and this sentence from just now proves his suspicions. Apparently Harry loves to provoke him because this time Louis didn't even give him a reason to talk to him.

"What's up Styles? Have you missed me the last few weeks or something? Am I too far away for you or why do you address me directly? I'm happy to join my colleagues and discourage you from entering the car if that's what you want. You just have to tell me Mr. Popstar," he calls back and sees the other paparazzi suddenly start recording the encounter between the two of them and Louis hates it so much. Why exactly is he going into Harry's provoking again now? Why can't he just shut up?

"Oh no, you got that completely wrong. It's good that you're further away. I definitely like these paparazzi better than you."

Louis just rolls his eyes, turns away and leaves. Because he knows if he doesn't go now, it will end up just like the last few times. He just has to hold out for a few more weeks and then he'll finally have peace from this menace.

He is grateful when he enters the air-conditioned office again and immediately starts to transfer the pictures to the pc. It takes Louis a long time to decide which of the many images will have access to the portal used by the media. Harry's wet hair, probably from the shower, and the little curls on the back of his neck are doing things with Louis. He keeps zooming in on the different images, imagining how the hair would feel under his hands. Louis has long since given up fighting these thoughts, they come anyway and Harry just has this effect on him. Only Bree knows the extent to which he's into Harry - thanks to his tweets and he knows she finds it hilarious. Thinking about Bree, he remembers the promise he made to her at the restaurant - he still owes her a picture of Styles that only she owns. He knows he can trust Bree with this and she won't share it on social media and get Louis in trouble.