Chapter Thirteen

OMNISCIENT POV

After five interviews, Solana has successfully landed a job at a small accounting firm. Solana was job hunting for weeks and was happy to finally have a job. The firm will pay her substantially more then her last job did, which is a plus. The only downside of the job is that it's not remote. She has to go in at least three days a week, and can stay at home for the remaining two days.

"Papa, mwen dwe ale nan travay kounye a." Solana says into the speaker on her phone as she pulls into the parking lot.
(Dad, I have to go I'm at work now.)

"Oke rele m pita. Mwen renmen w." Alain, Solana's papa, responds.
(Okay call me later. I love you.)

"Renmen ou menm tou." Solana hangs up the phone before reaching into the passenger seat for her Coach purse.
(Love you too.)

Grabbing her purse, Solana steps outside her 2014 Toyota Corolla, locking the door and heading inside.

Today was Solana's first day at work and she was slightly nervous.

Making her way to her assigned office, she offers smiles to the people she walks by. A few of them returned the smile; others ignored it, causing her to scrunch her nose.

Solana makes it to her office and inserts the key into the hole to open the door. Her small office is plain and gray. Solana makes a mental note to find some downtime to decorate her office.

Taking a seat on the ergonomic office chair, she sets her purse on the desk and begins logging into her computer.

A knock sounds on her door, causing her to turn around in the chair. "Come in."

A tall dark skin man walks into the office with a large brown bag in his hand.

"Hi, you must be the new employee. Solana right?" The man asks, holding his hand out.

Solana stands up and shakes the man's hand with a soft smile. "Yes and you are?"

"Bishop." He responds.

"Are you on the auditing team as well?" Solana asks.

"No I'm actually working on the payroll processing team. I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the firm." He hands her the brown bag.

Opening the bag, Solana peers inside, seeing five glazed donuts, her mouth waters at the sight. "You bought me donuts? How did you know I liked them?"

He chuckles, "Everyone likes donuts."

Solana laughs at his modesty. "Well thank you for the treat Bishop."

"Your welcome." Bishop subconsciously licks his lips as he stares at Solana, admiring the beauty in front of him.

"Was their anything else?" Her voice breaks him out of his trance.

"No that was it. I'm just down the hall in case you need any help with working anything in here." He says, causing her to nod.

"Thank you." Bishop gives her one last smile before walking out of her office, softly shutting the door behind him.

Solana sighs as she retakes her seat back in the chair.

Solana's phone buzzes causing her to pick it up, seeing a message from Dario.

Dario: you good?

Solana: yes, why

Dario: just checking. I already paid for your treatments for the year so you don't need to worry about that.

Solana: Dario I told you I can handle it.

Dario: how Solana? you don't have 500k. Just be grateful and move on.