Chapter Five

DARIO

Fuck I'm sore.

The flight back from Phoenix was only a little over an hour, but I'm so sore. The ice that was wrapped around my shoulders the whole flight didn't do much but numb the soreness.

But what can I expect. I knew what I was signing my body up for when I signed my NBA contract two years ago. It's an 81 game season, so I know my body will be going through it. It's only my second year in the league and I'm still adjusting.

The good thing about all of this is that I'm playing in the NBA. I've always dreamt of playing in the league and knew I had the skills to compete. I only played three years in college until NBA prospects were calling my phone. I'm just that good.

Of course, playing in the NBA comes with paparazzi, thirsty females, and millions of dollars. When I got drafted I signed a four year, 150 million dollar deal. That's 37.5 million dollars a year I'm making. And I'm worth every penny. I was drafted number two overall and won the rookie of the year award last year and I'm on my way to an all star season. Life's good. I'm good.

I say goodbye to my teammates before walking over to my all-black 2022 Lamborghini. I reach into my pocket to unlock my car. The seats glow immediately once I get inside.

I sent Alex a text that I'm back in LA before pulling out of the lot.

It takes me thirty minutes to reach the gated community that houses my three story mansion. My mansion holds seven bedrooms and eleven bathrooms alongside a two bedroom guest house. It includes the amenities of a full size basketball court, gym, pool, spa, home theater, a bar, and wine room. Granted, I don't need all this damn space, but it's nice to have when guests come over and when my family visits.

I enter through the gates, then drive up the hedge-lined driveway to reach my seven-car garage. After parking, I step out with my duffel bag in hand and throw my car keys inside before heading inside.

"Babe?" I call out, my voice echoing throughout the mansion. One thing that irritates me about my place is that you can get lost in here. I've been lost multiple times here.

"In the kitchen!" She yells back.

I drop my bag on the floor before walking into the kitchen. A smile graces my face as I look at my ginger-haired beautiful girlfriend eating out of a tub of cookies and cream ice cream.

I walk over to her and wrap her in my arms. I lean down and capture her lips in a long kiss. I taste the ice cream on her lips. She sighs into the kiss as her hands wrap around my neck. We kissed for a few more minutes before pulling away.

"I watched your game. You were amazing babe." She smiles, returning back to her ice cream.

"Thanks," I reach into the fridge for a water bottle, "My shoulders are so fucking sore."

Concern washes over her face, "Sit down on the stool let me massage your shoulders."

Here she goes, she swears she's a doctor. Every time I tell her about some part of my body hurting, she goes into doctor mode. But I love it, though. She always takes care of me, like she's been doing for the past years.

I sit down on the bar stool that is lined against the island in the kitchen. Her soft hands start massaging my shoulder muscles.

I groan, "Damn your so good at that Elena."

She chuckles in my ear before kissing it, "I aim to please my man."

Words can't describe how lucky I am to have Elena in my life. I mean, she's been in my life since we were in high school, but I was busy dating her best friend Solana. But now she's my girlfriend, and I've never been happier.