Chapter 63: The Demon and the Narcoleptic Bunny

When we arrived back to where everyone was, they hadn't even moved an inch at all since me and Eugen left.

"Uhmm. You know you can mess around while we play this little game." 

"We know." Spee replied bluntly.

"G-Great...Sooo....Who's next?" 

"Me." Ayanami was already dragging me away from everyone else.

"I can walk you know!" I shouted as I freed myself from her grip.

"I know. I just wanted to spend some time with you...That's all." Ayanami said while avoiding eye contact.

"Alright alright...What do you want to do, you little demon." I gave her a little pat on the head.

"Wha!...Hey! I'm not a kid." She pouted.

"Ahaha...Hmmm." This reminds me of something...

"What's up?"

"It's nothing."

"Eh, alright then if you say so." Ayanami shrugs. 

After a little bit of aimlessly walking around the waterpark, Ayanami finally made her choice on where to stay. 

"All that walking, just to end up in a pool?" I said as I walked into the pool along with her.

"Shut up..." Ayanami pouted.

"Hmm~..." A devious idea came to my mind. As she stood there pouting, I splashed a bunch of water into her direction, drenching her with water.

"..." Ayanami looked at me with a mix of anger and determination in her eyes. "So that's how you want to play?" She attempted to splash me, but before the water could get to me, I had ducked underwater, leaving me submerged and out of Ayanami's splash.

I promptly popped my head out of the water. "I'll never give you the satisfaction." I giggled.

This prompted her to pout once again. "Meanie."

"All part of the game." I smiled smugly.

"Hmm...So that's how it's gonna be?" A devious look flashed across Ayanami's face. "Take this!" Ayanami pushed me back down into the water.

"Wha!" And to the depths I went.

'You are going down with me!' I grabbed onto Ayanami's legs and yanked her underneath the water and used her as leverage to resurface. I could only laugh as Ayanami slowly resurfaced. 

"Shut up..." Ayanami crossed her arms.

"Are you angry~?"

"You're not fair..."

"It's called strategy madame." I giggled.

"Strategy my ass...Wanna see some real strategy." Ayanami adopted a serious stance.

"Oi oi...I aint a Siren. You don't need to kill me." I lifted up my arms in surrender.

"But I have to get revenge..." 

"How uhh...How about I treat you as an apology. Sounds like a deal, right?"

"Alright then...Let's get some cola." Ayanami said as she got out of the pool.

"Cola it is." I followed suit and made our way to a stand.

After getting our cola, we sat down at a table.

"You know, we should really have another game night." I suggested. "And maybe we can bring along Long Island and Cassin. Whaddya think?"

"Hmm...I like that idea." Ayanami nodded. "It's nice to play someone who's actually good at the game." She smirked.

"I'll have you know that I would have been playing better if it weren't for you always playing tricks on me."

"Right...You know for someone who loves to tease others, you seemed really easy to tease." 

"Wanna fact check that." I deadpanned.

"Oh you wanna call my bluff?" Ayanami leaned over the table as she got closer to my face.

"I have a good Idea, we should head back to the others." I got out of my seat and began walking back to the others.

"Pussy..." Ayanami pouted.

"Oh shut up will ya." I retorted.

"Hmm...But that's okay...I've had my fun." Ayanami caught up to me and hugged my arm. "We really should game again some time."

"Yeah...I miss playing games."

Later

We made it back to the others and before I could even say anything, Laffey had already swooped in and grabbed my hand.

"My turn." She yawned.

"Alright then, so where would you like to go?"

"The lazy river."

"Lazy river it is." I replied as I gave her a pat on the head. "Honestly I wasn't expecting you to even go into the water."

"Hmmm...Well even if I'm tired all the time, I still want to go into the water." Laffey replied.

"It's not like its a bad thing. Just worried that you might fall asleep in the water." 

Laffey just stared at me with a confused expression. "I'm not dumb enough to fall asleep underwater."

"Hehe, guess that was dumb of me to worry about." I sheepishly scratched my nape.

After a bit more waiting, we both arrived at the lazy river and proceeded to hop in to some pool rings and jump in. 

"Ahhh...This is the life." I sighed as I slowly floated down the lazy river.

"I know right." Laffey smiled.

"Are you the type of person to just laze around in these pool floaties in the lazy river?"

"Yes, is there something wrong with that?" Laffey began to take the defensive.

"Nope. You're just like me. I don't like going on those rides and I don't really want to swim for too long. That's just who I am; a lazy sack of potatoes."

"Hmm?" Laffey once again had a confused expression. "You sell yourself too short Acro. You aren't as lazy as you say you are. Do you know about the previous commander?"

"I know of his existence but he seemed to be a sensitive topic for everyone at base, so I don't really ask about the previous commander."

"Well he was exactly as you described yourself...A lazy sack of potatoes. He didn't do anything. He didn't do his job. He made Belfast do all of his commanding duties. He was also a known pervert at the port. Everyone knew that from the way he looked at everyone. It seemed that he was only there for the girls."

"...Did he do anything to any of you?" I blurted out before I could even think.

"No, your auntie dealt with him before he could actually do anything." Laffey smiled. "My point being; you may be a sack of potatoes when things don't matter. But as soon as someone is in trouble, you become nothing like a sack of potatoes. You would do anything for the people you care about."

"Well duh. Before I was the commander, the only people I had with me was Amy, Emily, Rose and Lily." I replied. "I didn't want to lose them. And I guess that carried on to all of you."

"Hm...Well then, that's good." Laffey's eyes slowly began to close as she slipped down the pool floatie.

I instantly rushed in to pick Laffey up. "H-Hey, didn't you say that you weren't going to sleep on the water!"