Chapter 26: Priority ships

"Leave...Leave now before it gets ugly."

The temperature began to rise even higher and the orange hue began to get thicker and there was a huge cloud of fog that came in from the evaporated sea water. After a few seconds, it started to get so thick that nobody could even see what was happening in the fight. 

Regenerator attempted to use the last of her power to try and crate a portal to leave, but everything she tried was futile. There was no portal in sight and it seemed to be the end of Regenerator and Accelerator. 

"I'll give you five seconds to go." Acro said in a stern voice. 

Regenerator took this opportunity to drag Accelerator off into the distance. They both got away safely with little to no injury, but they both had no way of going back home. They were stuck on earth to fend for their selves.

BELFAST POV

After Regenerator and accelerator took off, the temperature sharply decreased. Acro's riggings disappeared into thin air and he just dropped into the water. At this point, all of the Iron blood ships let go of me to see the scene that was unfolding right in front of then.

"Acro!!" I sprinted over to Acro's side and went to check to see if he was fine.

ACRO POV

*Beep Beep Beep*

The constant beeping brought me back to the real world. I groggily opened my eyes and shifted my whole body to be lying down on one side of my body. 

"Ah, Acro. You're awake."

I just shifted my whole body again and saw Vestal, she was not wearing her usual uniform. She seemed to be wearing her pajamas and in he left hand she was holding a bag of chips. I just laid down there staring at her. I just didn't want to speak.

"A-Are you just gonna stare at me?" She stated with an obvious blush on her face.

"Just don't wanna talk." I mumbled quietly and closed my eyes to get back to sleep.

Vestal let out a sigh. "You're lucky that your wisdom cube was able to do that. Your cube is one of the few cubes that can handle the power of a Priority Ship."

"What's a priority ship?" I said in a quiet voice.

"They are stronger than most of us but there aren't many of them that are around. The closest thing that we can do to be like them is to retrofit ourselves."

"How do you even retrofit yourself?"

"Its a mix of intensive training and getting our wisdom cube upgraded." 

"Why did you even mention priority ships in the first place?" I said as I turned back over to face Vestal who was sitting on the side of by bed.

"Because Belfast told us that your riggings took the shape of a Priority Ship."

"And which one would that be?" 

"Your riggings took the shape of August Von Perceval's riggings. She is a Aircraft Carrier from the Ironblood faction."

"Of course its the Ironblood faction."

"What's wrong with the Ironblood faction?"

"Nothing, its just that some of my friends say that I look like the Ironblood girls."

Vestal let out a small giggle. "That's because you do."

"Oh my gosh, you too!?"

"Shhh. Its midnight, everyone's sleeping."

"Hmmm. Yeah whatever. What day is even today?"

"Well since its midnight, its Monday. Now go to sleep, you need all the rest you need."

"Okay?" I said as I got up and I finally got a look at my wounds. They were all covered in bandages. I just looked back at Vestal and asked. "Why don't I hurt?"

"Well, our wisdom cubes speed up the healing process." Vestal said as she tucked me back into bed. "Now go to sleep so you can fully heal. We can then decide if you are able to go to school."

"Fine...But you gotta sleep in here too." 

A blush immediately appeared on her face. "W-Why?"

"Cause its cold. Now hurry up and get yourself some rest too."

THE NEXT MORNING

I was awoken by a nearby alarm clock. There was a warm mass laying down on top of me. When I finally opened my eyes, I saw Vestal peacefully sleeping on top of me, she was using me as her personal body pillow. I cautiously grabbed my phone and turned off the alarm and placed it back on the night stand.

"Oiii. Vestal, its time to get up." I said as I gently shook Vestal.

"Hmmm, just five more minutes." She mumbled.

"If you don't get up, I'll look through your search history." 

"Can you please not do that." Vestal slowly opened her eyes and let out a yawn.

"So how was your free trial of a human body pillow?"

"Eh?" She just stared at me for a few seconds. She then just burst into a blushing mess and instantly jumped off of me. "S-Sorry! I didn't mean to do it! I just get very grabby when I sleep."

"Don't worry. It was very comfortable. Plus, I don't really mind." I replied nonchalantly.

"Ahem. Anyways, are your wounds healed up?" 

When I lifted up the blanket, I removed one of the bandages and saw that the wounds have closed. "I think I'll be able to go to school today." 

"Good. Now we cant be having you getting hurt, especially when you still have school. I mean what if you never finished school and you had to work here for the rest of your life?"

"I mean, it wont be that bad. It may not seem like it, but I like it here."

"That's good to know. Well, c'mon and get ready. Belfast is already waiting outside to pick you up so you can get your uniform."

"Okay, goodbye Vestal." I said as I got up and walked out of the infirmary and saw Belfast parked on the side of the road.

As I took a seat in her car, she just looked at me. Her eyes were puffy from crying. She just stared at me.

"Why? Why do you always put yourself in danger for us!?"

A/N: So I accidentally published this chapter early. The things that your body can do on autopilot, am I right.