Chapter 43: Touchy Subject

REGENERATOR POV

"I want to make a future for both of our races. I want us to live together in peace. I've seen both of our worlds and I don't want to lose either of them. Just think of the many innocent lives that both sides would lose if this war got out of hand. Even if your military has done some very questionable things, the citizens of this place are just as human as us."

"So that's why you were so kind to us. Were your acts of kindness just gain our trust?" 

"I would be lying if I said that it wasn't a part of it."Acro replied with a sheepish expression.

Just hearing that sent so many emotions through my body. Millions of thoughts rushed through my mind as I sat there. My vision soon became blurry and a wet feeling was felt drip down my cheeks. "Ah. G-Guess I'm crying." 

Talking did nothing to help. In fact it got even worse because I began to sob uncontrollably. 

"I've read through some of the old reports about you when you first contacted us. But when I think about when I first met you, I can only think of a girl that has been broken and put back together with missing pieces. I knew something was up about you when we first met."

"W-What's that supposed to mean?" I muttered through my sobs.

I felt a warm embrace around my body. "It means that The majority of my actions was to make you feel better."

"B-But-"

"Shhh, you've been through a lot haven't you? c'mon, you can let it all out. Let it all out before we end up having to fight again." Acro said as he patted my head.

"S-So do you genuinely care about us?" I asked shakily.

"Of course I do."

"Thank...Thank you. T-Thank you so much!" I began to start bawling. so many conflicting emotions rushed through my head. I felt so happy but so sad at the same time. 

I don't know how long we lasted in this embrace. But I didn't care, I just wanted to stay like that forever. I need him to be by my side. If things went differently we could have been so much more. It was then when I realized that I had fallen in love with my enemy. A forbidden love that we would never be able to do anything about.

ACRO POV

It's been a while since Regenerator had started crying. Maiko had returned to see this sight. needless to say that she had a rather conflicted expression on her face. Eventually Regenerator broke off from out hug. Her eyes were all red and puffy from all of the crying that she had been doing.

"I'll stay here untill she sleeps. she kinda needs it right now. Is that fine with you?" I said as I laid Regenerator's head on my lap.

"Y-Yeah." Maiko sat down beside me. "So, you mind telling me what you were talking about? If that's cool with you of course."

"Uhm..." I awkwardly scratched my neck. "It's a bit of a touchy subject."

"Alright, alright." She let out a slight chuckle. "Y'know, when I mentioned you to her, she got really excited. I haven't seen her look this excited in forever."

"Really? We had a pretty rough start to our friendship. We were literally trying to take each other's head off."

"Really? Bro that's like, soo different to how you guys are now. What happened to get you to make up?"

"Well it first started off with me just trying to protect myself. But eventually I just approached her and showed no her no harm."

When I looked back down. I saw that Regenerator had fallen asleep.

"Lemme get a futon for her to sleep on." Maiko went and opened a closet and pulled out a futon and laid it out onto the floor. 

I picked up Regenerator in a princess carry and placed her onto the futon and tucked her in. "Alright, I'll see ya later." Just as I was going to get up, Regenerator had completely wrapped around my arm.

"Heh, guess she wants you to stay." Maiko walked out of the living room. "I'll be in my room if you need me. You can spend the night here. I don't want to have Omitter be sad tomorrow."

"Okay...Umm, goodnight."

"Goodnight bro." Maiko flicked the light switch and went back to her room.

Meanwhile I snuggled myself into the futon with regenerator. I pulled out my earpiece and called Eugen.

"Acro, what's up?" Eugen asked.

"Lets just say that stuff happened and now I'm spending the night at regenerator's house."

An audible sigh could be heard from the other side of the call. "Can you at least stay at home tomorrow. It gets lonely here all alone."

"don't worry, I'll stay with you afterschool tomorrow."

"Thank you." Eugen replied.

"Yeah...Goodnight."

"Goodnight Acro."

I placed the earpiece back into my pocket and went to sleep.

"Geez, you really just spent the night there?"

I was in that same black void again with a familiar girl. "Hello wisdom cube girl."

"you know, I don't really like it when you call me that." She stated.

"Kyuu."

"Actually pretty nice." Kyuu nodded in approval.

"Alright, since you called me here then you must have a reason. Right?"

"Yeah." She straightened up. "So now that you've gotten accustomed to this job, I think I can show you what I can really do."

"Ooh, what is it?"

"I can now talk to you even when you even when you are awake." She puffed her chest out in pride.

"Nice, so you really are just lonely." I chuckled.

"No...Maybe. But that's besides the point. I can give you real time info like where the enemy's are approaching." Kyuu held out her hand in the shape of finger guns and pretended to shoot.

"Can I like...ask you how hot it is out?"

"Are you trying to be annoying?" She pouted.

"A little. But since you're a little lonely, I guess we can talk."