Chapter 53: Check-up

It was just after school and I had decided to spend my afternoon at the Azur lane base.

"Alright, that should do it." I sighed and stretched my arms and legs out as I finished typing my report on the adventures in the siren world. 

Right after I sent the file over to Amy I heard a voice behind me. "Ah, so you got out by doing nothing? You just hung around with the sirens for your final week and Tester let you go?"

When I heard this voice, I turned around and saw Vestal looking intently at my report. "Wha-uh...Vestal? Why are you here?" 

"To check if anything is wrong with you of course." She shrugged as she placed her phone on my desk. "I mean you did just come back from an entirely different world."

"I get what you mean but with the amount of time that I was in that world, I think that any kind of injury and or disease would have already shown up." 

"Please just let me do this for you." She replied in a rushed tone as she dragged me back into my bed. "I don't want you to fall ill on us. You know, for the sake of everyone else...and personal reasons." Vestals voice trailed off on the latter part of her sentence.

I could only let out a sigh. "Fine. But I'm saying that there's nothing wrong with me." 

"Argh just let me do this for you." 

And for the next few minutes Vestal was doing her check up on me. As for me, I couldn't do anything except for waiting. But eventually Vestal's check up was over and I was free.

"Alright you seen fine, so you are free to go." Vestal took a seat on my bed.

"So you came here just to check up on me?" I questioned. "You know you could have just asked me to go to your place if you wanted to do a check up."

"Well we don't want our commander dying on us. Plus, I've come to like your company." Vestal began to make her way out of my room. "See ya later Acro."

"See ya." Vestal promptly left my room. Then a realization hit me. "How'd she get in here?" 

But then Vestal came bursting back into my room. "Sorry, forgot my phone."

"How'd you get in here?" I asked before she could leave.

"Oh right. You left your front door unlocked. Honestly, you're just asking to get robbed if you do that." She gave me a flick on the forehead. "Now don't be leaving your front door unlocked. We don't want you losing something important. for a mistake like that." An for the second time Vestal left my room.

"Geez. Guess I've really become forgetful over my time in their world." I sighed as I got up to check if Vestal has locked the door and when I got there I though about what I was going to do for the rest of the day. "The girls are gonna kill me if I go on another patrol..."

I made my way back to my bedroom and turned off the computer and picked up my phone and keys. remembering the blunder that I had done before, I remember to lock the front door before I made my stroll around the Azur lane base.

It felt unreal to be back here on earth but there was this part of me who wanted to stay there with the sirens. Everything on the siren world seemed so perfect on the surface. If it weren't for what was happening with Regenerator and Accelerator I would have thought that the siren world was the perfect world. 

"Heh, what the hell am I thinking." I chuckled to myself as I walked through the plaza.

As I continued my stroll around the area, I found my way walking up a cliff that looked out onto the rest of the Azur lane base. It was around sunset when I had arrived at the peak of the cliff. Looking down at the sight right in front of me I brushed all the thoughts away about leaving earth to live with the sirens. I just wish that this could last like this forever.

NONE POV

On an island not far away from the Azur lane base stood a lone figure.

"Tester, come in. This is Lurker." The person called Lurker tapped on her earpiece. 

"This is Tester speaking. Have you finished infiltrating their base?" Tester replied.

"Yes I have." Lurker let out a sigh. "Still, why'd I have to dress up as this Vestal person?" She tossed a wig, coloured contacts and some padding down onto the sand.

"To infiltrate their base obviously." Tester replied as if there was nothing wrong.

"I know you have better ways to disguise me as someone else!" She exclaimed. 

All Lurker could hear was a slight chuckle from Tester. "C'mon, just think of it like this; its just a way for you to practice your acting skills. You cant always sneak your way out of these types of missions."

"...Fine. I guess that's okay then."

"Good, now meet up with Purifier. Once you rendezvous with her I'll fill you in on what to do next."

"Roger that." Lurker picked up her disguise and placed it into a bag.

"By the way, Observer Zero says that she wants you to make sure that you don't lose that data. It's important that you keep that safe otherwise our plans wont work otherwise." 

"Yeah yeah I know." Lurker replied as she summoned her riggings which were that of a mini submarine and dived below the waters to meet up with her teammate.

Meanwhile on the roof of a building stood another siren. The siren paced around the rooftop in an impatient manner.

"Ahh it's soo boring!" She exclaimed angrily. "Why'd I have to get tasked with monitoring their base?"

"Purifier, come in." A voice came in from her earpiece.

"Yeah yeah, this is Purifier. What do you want Lurker?" Purifier replied nonchalantly.

"Please show some professionality here." Lurker replied. "Where do you want to rendezvous? Tester said that she'll fill us in on what our next mission is."

"Hmmm...Let's meet up at the tallest cliff that's overlooking the base."

"Alright, I'll be there ASAP."